Nearby Anniston, Alabama (Air Miles)
Betty'S Bar-B-Q
Oxford / Talladega / Dandy RV KOA
2014-10-13 21:08:06
Anniston, Alabama

October 2014
Park is clean and attractive, and is on a gentle hillside with large grassy areas and many trees, but didn't see any at pull-through sites. The park is divided into overnighters and monthly sites, with all overnight sites pull-through. Sites are reasonably level (we put a 2x6 under wheels on one side to level the trailer). Sites are on grass with some gravel and are a little lumpy. Fee is $27 with Good Sam discount, $30 without. Host requested cash instead of a credit card, and I didn’t press the issue. There are no rest rooms or showers, and I think no laundry. Checkout time is 3PM. Free wifi is available. WiFi was very weak inside my aluminum-sided trailer, but strong when I used my Alfa Wireless USB adapter (available from Amazon.com and extremely useful at RV parks). I didn’t test it because I used the wrong access code, and used my Verizon JetPack instead (good signal inside trailer). The host was very friendly and offered his help when setting up my trailer. The park is near State 78, which parallels I-20. There was a little freeway noise but not obtrusive. I didn’t notice it when outside talking to the host. Park is about one mile east of the Dandy RV Superstore; handy if parts or service is needed. Coordinates: N33.61771, W85.76218, which brought me to the park entrance using my Garmin. We stayed three nights, and would stay again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
October 2014

question  question  question  question  question  yes  question  yes  question  yes
October 2014
Entrance road needs some work, but overall it was a nice place. Roads and sites are all gravel/rock. We were able to level with no problem. Very friendly office staff led us to our site. Very easy to find from I-20. Some road noise, but really not bad at all. We would return. There is a gas/diesel station just at the entrance/exit that was convenient. Grocery store and restaurants also very close. We camped here in a Motorhome.
The campground is convenient to the I-65. One section is right near the interstate but there is another section near the office that is further away from the interstate. It wasn't the quietest place but we've been in worse. The campground is quite large and was pretty vacant. Not many amenities but the interior roads are very wide and the sites are very long. We'd stay again if passing through. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Gravel roads and spacious gravel sites, relatively level. No problems with power, water, cable or wifi. Two year old park, small trees have been planted but no shade as of yet. Some road noise in upper section, much louder in the lower part. Super friendly office staff, Grounds clean and well maintained. No pool. Camping super store next door. Nice park that will get better as the trees grow, we will return to check it out. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Oxford / Talladega / Dandy RV KOA