Nearby Clanton, Alabama (Air Miles)
1415 7Th St S
2014-07-17 13:44:13
Clanton, Alabama

question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes
question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes
Ok for an overnight stay. Right by the interstate so easy on-off but do have the traffic noise. All very rough gravel sites. They have a large pond, but it is all fenced in and seems like a waste because you cannot use it except for fishing. No swimming pool and very little other amenities for kids. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Rate is with Good Sam discount. Convenient to I-65 and does have road noise. Gravel access road and sites. A nice place for an overnight stay. On-site manager is very friendly. Caution: don't mistake the interstate on-ramp for the KOA access road. Be sure to visit the Heaton Pecan Farm gift shop that is with walking distance of the KOA for pecan candy, jams, pies, and ice cream . Follow the nature trail for a shortcut through the woods and along the shoreline of the pond. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Great park for an overnight stop over. Easy on and off I-65. We got a back-in site which backed up to the small lake which was pretty. The back in sites are a little short and narrow. I couldn't back up as much as I needed because my slide would hit the electrical pedestal which positioned my steps off the small concrete patio. Should have gotten a pull thru site, they seemed a little wider and much longer. Entire park is gravel and our site had some new gravel which was very soft. The restroom, shower, laundry and kitchen/lounge areas were very clean and inviting. The managers were very nice and helpful. We dropped off a propane tank at the propane area and they filled it quickly and delivered it to our site. If the area was paved and had concrete sites this KOA would rate higher. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Clanton / I-65S / Dandy RV KOA
October 2012

question  no
question  no
October 2012
Good for overnighting. Shares the property with an RV dealership but they seem to "mesh" OK. All gravel roads and sites but clean and level. Best part was it was easy to get on and off the Interstate enroute to the Florida beaches. We would definitely stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
May 2006
This park is located on Mitchell Lake. We camped here hoping to catch fish. The campground was very noisy. We heard boat traffic all night long both nights we were there. The ranger was very nice and friendly. There were no fire rings, grills or tables at the sites. We camped here in a Motorhome.