Nearby Ajo, Arizona (Air Miles)
Shadow Ridge Rv
Arizona
Ajo
Ajo Heights RV Park
2014-04-21 13:38:52
Ajo, Arizona
12+

March 2014
Easy access about 5 miles north of Ajo city, this golf course/boondocking campground is a nice stop in a scenic desert area. Patronize either the restaurant or the golf course ($10/9 holes) and the camping is free otherwise $3/night. No facilities other than a gravel parking lot and free wifi are offered. Plenty of space for any size rig with toad. Quiet in the evening even through the municipal airport is adjacent. During our visit there was a campground host but no other staff. Restaurant is open for breakfast and lunch and golf is pay on the honor system. We camped here in a Motorhome.

question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes
question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes
Price reflects Good Sam discount. Nice park, friendly long termers, beautifully maintained , handy for the IGA grocery store. Great overnight stop. Can be windy, watch your awning. Will return We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
March 2014
Very nice facility and from what I hear very busy during the snowbird season. Occupants of site near me said this was their 2nd year snowbirding and they plan to come back next year. The sites are right next to each other - basically it is a big gravel lot with the only divider being a concrete pad for chairs. No tables, fire pits, grills available. I arrived to find plenty of sites available and no neighbors beside me. There is a laundry (1.25wash/.75dry), plenty of puzzles and a book exchange. Lots of local literature and the owners were extremely helpful to let me know what attractions were available in the area. The facilities were spotless. I would recommend this park without hesitation. It was great for my few days in the area and popular for long term. Just a side note: there appears to be a lot of illegal activities in the area - border crossings and drugs. There is huge Border Patrol presence throughout this part of Arizona with numerous inspection stations. Signage on popular trails/scenic roads emphasizes the activities and issues cautions. I was never approached but did see illegals being escorted by the patrol agents. We camped here in a Motorhome.
February 2014
As all the previous reviews state, this is a very nice park and probably the nicest in Ajo. A couple of things to note. Cash only no credit cards accepted. There is only 1 shower in each bathroom and they are a bit small, but there's plenty of hot water, good pressure, and the bathrooms are clean. Also, the address doesn't show up on my GPS, the Google Earth is wrong, but the map location on this website is correct. As the previous post indicates it's across the street from the IGA, Olsens's Market (which is in the GPS), But here are the coordinates : N 32.39294 w 112.87096 That is our location in the park at site 19. I'd stay here again in a heart beat. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Ajo Heights RV Park
February 2011

question  yes
question  yes
February 2011
Nice, normal RV park. Nothing fancy but price is reasonable. After boon docking for 4 days it was nice to be able to dump, fill with water, and have electricity for a night. We would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
February 2010
OK campground. You can walk to the grocery store. Single toilet is like a outhouse but flushes, and with a sink. Shower stalls good, but require quarters to use. Laundry works - just. Cable TV requires special converter box, which is provided free of charge by the park. We didn't use it for our 1 night stay. Fellow campers were a mixed bunch, but friendly. Very nice campground hosts. We camped here in a Motorhome.
February 2014

yes  question  question  yes  yes  question  question  yes  question  question
question  question  question  yes  yes  question  question  yes  question  question
February 2014
This is an older park and the lower sites are quite narrow, but fine if you have no slides or a smaller RV. There were a few older motorhomes without slides and some Pleasureway type units in these sites. There are nice wide sites on the upper levels. It's not a fancy park and there are limited park activities, but this is Ajo. The laundry is cheap ($1.25 wash and .50 dry) and the laundry and washrooms are clean. Staff was super friendly and helpful. Quite a few Canadians. We saw one small site with a tent and van. Some younger couples, so it's not 55+. Wi-Fi is excellent and there is cable TV for those of us without satellite. We would stay here again. We found it very friendly and convenient. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
January 2013
Very rude person yelling profanities at one of the campers in our group. The person in our group just stopped to unhook. This guy who I think was the owner comes out screaming get that f#$%^&& out of the way. He was about 250 lbs and big 45 years old, screaming at a mild 81 year old. I would not stay here again if I was paid to do so. We stayed in the front row. My 50 amp service was a 30 amp. WiFi was almost totally non working. Spaces in the upper half of the park very unlevel. The staff besides the owner were fine. However, he was way way way out of line. If we had another RV park to stay in in the area we would have left. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2012
Sites are separated by oleander, have a picnic table, and concrete patio which are nice. The camp host and manager were extremely friendly & helpful in giving information about the area and Mexico. The cable worked well. My Sprint cell was roaming and my Verizon card worked well. The park Wi-Fi was extremely slow most of the time, then at other times it worked okay. No dog walk to speak of or other frills such as a pool. The park was quiet at night. I would return to this park if in the area again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Shadow Ridge RV Resort