Nearby Toad River, British Columbia (Air Miles)
Nothing Nearby

10   1   7
yes  question  question
yes  question  question
June 2012
Stayed at the Poplars to and from the Yukon. Quiet, clean, and good price. They now offer only Campground/RV Park and Cabins. Their cafe is closed as is their fuel. I was told they had the business for 21 yrs and now want to scale back. I got there in mid June, and they had just opened the day before. They said they will close sometime in late Sept. We camped here in a Tent.
June 2011
This campground is CLOSED. Roadside sign approaching from the North says "OPEN," but rounding the corner you can see fence and barrels blocking both driveways. We continued a few miles to Toad River Lodge. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
June 2007
The sites are long, level, dirt pull-throughs. We had FHU's in site #30 at the top of the hill next to a large open area. We had beautiful views in front and left of us. The pull through sites are long but extremely narrow and the park felt very cramped when it got more full in the evening. We had a problem with our power, it dipped significantly when load was high in the evening. Staff was friendly and helpful. We camped here in a Motorhome.

question  question  question  question  yes  yes  question  question  no  question
question  question  question  question  yes  question  question  question  no  question
Compared to the many up and down the highway, this was really nice. Situated on a very pretty lake a little out of town. The site we had did back up to the highway but we were so tired we didn't care. The only downside I saw was the price they charge for gas - get it somewhere else!!!! At least 30 cents higher there than the town prior. There was a big crowd eating in the cafe but we usually eat at home. We would stay here again if we pass thru this area. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Best campground in the Alaska Highway! I really enjoyed the setting, access from main road,wifi, and noises of animals and fauna around. The internet speed was above expected in such a secluded setting. I was quite impressed about having such fast connection. I was able to do the accumulated work that I could not do during the rest of the Alaska highway. Most campgrounds advertise on the Milepost that they offer free wifi, but only once you are there they say they do not guarantee it will work, and of course, it won't. I did not use the campground showers or bathrooms so I cannot comment on them. I loved the beaver dam by the campground and all of the animal noises at dawn. Peaceful and secluded place ideal to rest after long driving hours. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Was going to stop for just a night but ended up staying three days. Site was backed up to a large beaver pond. Very tranquil and restful. Pond had active beaver and muskrats along with migratory ducks. Seemed like we saw a different type of duck each day. Highlight was watching moose feed in the pond, as many as four at a time every early afternoon and some mornings. Nicest and most reasonable park we'd found in the last 3 weeks of traveling. Would definitely come back. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Toad River Lodge & RV Park