Nearby Arcata, California (Air Miles)
Humboldt State Universit
Restaurant 301
Sea Grill
Leon'S Mufflers Brakes
Costco 7074418750
Fort Humboldt Museum And
Eureka Municipal Airport
Blue Lake 777 Casino Way Blue Lake Ca 95525 707-668-9770 (Located To Zip)
Trinidad Rancheria
California
Arcata
Mad River Rapids RV Park
2014-06-27 18:24:55
Arcata, California

yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  question  question
yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  question  question
I rarely comment on campgrounds if I feel previous comments are accurate. I'm commenting on this park because of the electrical issues mentioned in previous comments. We too had problems with consistent power. Out power went on and off. I must be parked close the same fellow who told the previous camper that the problem was that he was a 50a plugged into a 30a box. I was told the same thing and told to go inside and throw the switches from 50 to 30 amps. I explained noting like that existed, and besides it is 65 outside and we are using virtually no power. When I showed him our Progressive Industries surge protector indicated the power was fluctuating between 105v and 119 volts he got upset and told me the park had no problems and it was our rig. Moral to the story, although the park is very nice, they do have power problems. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Clean and convenient to Humboldt State. Good overnight stop. Site is paved with grass between sites. Access roads are wide with easy movement for big rigs. Office staff very helpful and friendly. Good access to Hwy 101. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
3rd stay here. Entire park is reliably clean & peaceful. The Mexican restaurant (walk from your RV) was good. We'd have rated higher except that the Wi-Fi has been oftentimes problematic and unreliable. Also, we feel it is high priced for this type of area. We expect to pay higher, for example, in San Francisco area, but not in Arcata! That said, we will still stay here again when back in this area. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Mad River Rapids RV Park