206527 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Belden, California (Air Miles)
Spring 99
Belden, California

yes (River)
yes  yes
yes  yes
This is a very small park, and because at least some (if not many) sites seem to be taken by long term rentals, I strongly recommend making a reservation. All sites are back-in, and most sites back right up to the Feather River, providing a very beautiful environment. The owner is very friendly and helpful, and came out to help me back in to my site. Showers cost $4.00 (pay in the office). There is only one men's shower, and it was kept clean most of the time, although I did notice that they seem to have a problem with people not cleaning up after themselves, leaving bars of soap, bottles of shampoo, etc. The campers have a very friendly atmosphere, holding a community campfire nightly where all are welcome to join in. I would definitely come back. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
October 2010
This place may not be for everyone, but my husband and I absolutely love the outdoors so it was perfect. The older residents are a bit quirky, but they mean well and have great little gatherings on a monthly basis. While we were there they invited us to judge their Iron Chef competition. What we enjoyed most about the park was the access to all things outdoors. The Feather River Canyon is just gorgeous and about an hour and a half drive away from Lassen Volcanic National Park. There is a great paved road leading up from the park where you can walk, jog or bike for 7 miles leading up to Belden Dam. The Pacific Crest Trail is also just two miles down the road, along with endless fishing and gold panning thanks to Gordon's Caribou Gold Mining Association (Gordon lives in the park.) We camped here in a Travel Trailer.