Nearby Earp, California (Air Miles)
Emerald Cove Cra-
Emerald Cove Resort
2014-04-06 01:21:44
Earp, California

yes (River)
question  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  no  question  yes
question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  no  question  yes
March 2014
We stayed here as a guest (this is a membership type resort). We paid an extra $2 per day for their cable TV. We had a large corner site. The site was gravel, but the dust was kept to a minimum. The pools were extremely clean. Same for the hot tubs. The snack bar (located between the two main pools) had decent food for a reasonable price. Happy hour (from 3-6 pm each day) was awesome ($3 domestic draft beer pitchers - 64 ounces). Our children enjoyed the Kids Club. There is a beach along the Colorado River; however, the water was too cold for us to go swimming in it. We would definitely stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
March 2014
We took this "resort" up on their offer of 4 free week nights in exchange for their sales pitch. This is a very old, tight park. We were shocked that they put us in such a short, narrow, 30 amp site when they were trying to "impress" us. Actually only some, not many, sites have 50 amp. We're in a "pull-through," but it's only long enough for the coach. Only a few waterfront sites and members get those. Our slides are less than a foot from the grill on one side and about a foot from the neighbor's picnic table on the other side. Wi-Fi is only at the clubhouse. They have pool tables and dart boards, but the equipment is all locked up and no one around. The streets and sites are mostly pea-gravel that tracks into the RV. Restrooms are old, but fairly clean. The bar serves "bar food" at very reasonable prices. If you're not into river and water activities, I have no idea why you'd come here. The salesman that gave us our pitch was extraordinarily rude. We would never come back here. We camped here in a Motorhome.
January 2014
Stayed here for two weeks in January: closer quarters with the neighbors but we still had a great time. 30 amp power, good water and adequate sewer. Very nice view of river from many sites and close to other activities. The Bar Happy Hour has got to be the best on the River, not only beer, wine but food too. We will return. Stayed here as RPI quests at 10 bucks a night. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Emerald Cove Resort
March 2012

4   10   8   8   5
question  yes  yes  yes  no
no  yes  yes  yes  no
March 2012
Prior to arriving when I called to verify site I was told they could not find a deposit for me. I informed them that I have a copy of my American Express bill with the charge. They then found my credit. Upon arriving I was charged the weekly rate of $308.00 which I paid, however they did not apply my $49.00 deposit credit. Later in the week when I asked about a refund of my $49.00 deposit they told me it would be applied to my electric bill and the difference refunded. This conversation took place after I waited ten to fifteen minutes for the park employee to get off the phone, she was talking to someone about one of the restaurants in the area it appeared the person on the other end of the line was a friend. I checked the electric meter, it did not move in the week we were there. We left on Sunday and with no one manning the park store I asked a friend with written permission to pick up my deposit, my friend was advised they do not give refunds and they would send my request to corporate. So far no refund. Also the water at my space was fine, but my neighbor's water smelled like sulfur. The water in the showers also had a sulfur smell. The park had crowded spaces and in no way resembled their Web site. Neither myself nor my friends will return. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2011
Just spent 4 days at this resort in site 25F with a near by slip rented for the boat. We had great weather in October. This is a great resort for the family, good General Store, Fuel Dock, Boat ramp, very clean rest rooms. They were starting to get snow birds and the resort in usually full the whole winter so coming early October when it's not too hot works for us. We plan to return next year at the same time. We camped here in a Motorhome.
February 2011
Very nice place to stay and priced well. Great views and friendly people. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for River Land Resort

yes  question
yes  question
February 2011
This is an older campground located just over the Colorado River from Parker AZ. Mostly seasonal units with a few short term sites available. Since this is an older campground the sites are cramped and only a few could accept larger rigs. The roads are narrow and only one way, they even have one-way traffic treadles to prevent you from going backwards down the one way roads. There is a cement pad and picnic table at most sites. There is also a boat ramp for access to the river. Staff was friendly and helpful. While the campground is OK, with the other options available near Parker I would most likely not stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
July 2010
I stayed at the Wheel-Er In a few years ago. I don't know if the same owners are still here, but it was the worst weekend of camping ever. We spent our weekend being accused, threatened and harassed by these grumpy people. We has some friends that couldn't spend the whole weekend with us, when it was time for them to leave they drove their car in to load their things. The camping space next to ours was vacant so they parked there for only a few minutes to load their things. Before we could even say goodbye, the lady came over yelling at us to get the car moved or we would be charged for the space we were parked in for only a few minutes. The next day someone let their little dog do it's business in front of the RV on the road. The lady from the campground accused my friend in the space next to me that we failed to clean up after our dog. We had a full size dog with us and we always clean up after our pets. Aside from the fact that it was obvious that this mess was left by a much smaller animal. I am sure that I would never stay at the Wheel-Er In ever again, aside from the fact that it is the most cramped campground I have ever been in. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.