Nearby Fresno, California (Air Miles)
Veal Vidi Vici
Harlands
Paul Evert'S Rv
Peppino'S Italian Cuisin
Ripe Tomato
"Elks - E,W,D 5251 N Diana St, Res. Req'D, Fresno"
Stuart Anderson'S Black
Fresno, California

3   6   4
question  question  question
question  question  question
Due to upcoming events (several days away) we were directed to a lot behind the building for "Satellite Wagering". From the street to the lot where we were to park there were two locked gates. We had been given the combination to the locks. The lot had space for about a dozen rigs. All back in sites. Good hook-ups but it was all downhill from there! The surface of the lot was ground up asphalt mixed with cigarettes and dog droppings! It was disgusting and we will not stay there again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
January 2012
We were one of two rvs in this park in Jan. 2012. It's very well kept. It's hard to find, however; although it's on Chance, there is no signage. Look for the guard shack at the gate. We rated this a 6 because there is a nearby train, and the fairgrounds is next to the CA Air National Guard and those planes are loud at night. If you're just looking for a one-nighter, this place is a good deal for the price. There is also plenty of dog walking room. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
February 2010
This is not an RV Park, but rather a bunch of hookups along the fairground buildings, where the public may stay when the "Big Fresno Fair" isn't on. Enter from Gate 2 on South Chance Ave, and pay at the Administration Building (immediately left). The office is only open Mon-Fri; no idea where (or if) you pay on weekends. There aren't any official site numbers, so you just park anywhere that you want. The hookups are 15 and 50 amps; no 30-amp hookups, so bring your adapters. Sewer hookups are along one building only; the rest are electric and water only. Be sure to test for electrical power before you unhitch; I found none of the 50-amp outlets worked, and half of the 15-amp outlets didn't work either. Circuit breakers are in a locked panel, so you can't reset them. I talked to three people to report that none of the 50-amp outlets worked; they all promised to send the fairground's electrician over, but three days later, he still hadn't showed up. Officially there is no Wi-Fi provided, but I found several open access points close to South Chance Ave. Buildings blocked the signal elsewhere, so you probably won't have access at your site. Avoid parking here if there are any events going on; I arrived a few days before 300 head of cattle showed up for an exhibition. Dozens of cattle trailers and trucks were double-parked along the interior roads, making it completely impossible to get an RV trailer out. I was trapped there for an extra day, until they went home! The official website for the fair is "fresnofair" but they don't have RV Parking information listed yet. I suggest that you phone before you arrive, to see if there are spaces available. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.

question  question  question  no  yes  yes  question  question  question  question
We stayed at this park after 4 weeks in the Sierras and we needed to get some shopping and maintenance done. The park was perfect for that. There is literally any retail service or product available within a mile or two of the park. Restaurants are within walking distance and the neighborhood seemed very safe. I wouldn't call it "inner city" at all. The park itself was very clean and well-landscaped. The sites were huge and level with lots of shade trees (important in Fresno!) and the roads were wide -- easy to back in. We used the laundry, which was old but cheap and serviceable, but did not use the bathrooms or showers. The management was very friendly and helpful. The only noise we heard was a bit of traffic noise on Sunday night--cruise night in Fresno apparently. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Rate reflect weekly. We have been coming here for several years and always enjoy our stay. Very easy check-in and parking. Our site, #49, had recently had the electric box upgraded. Good water pressure. Although the park has free Wi-Fi, it is very hard to get connected. I think a lot of folks are streaming movies since I overheard another long-term resident talking about that. Very good Verizon 4G coverage. A lot of noise from the car wash directly behind the park. Outstanding grounds maintenance! We will be back. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
March 2014
Decent sites, cable TV was really good and Wi-Fi was strong. Lots of retail nearby. We've stayed here before and recommend it as a stopover point. No evidence of security, but you can't easily walk through the park as there's only one entrance. The perimeter is walled with razor wire. We felt safe walking our dog in the neighborhood, although you do see street people now and then. Fresno has a couple of really good dog parks if you're willing to drive 15-20 minutes. No problem if your rig is older. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Blackstone North RV Park
June 2012

9   3   6
yes  question  question
yes  question  question
June 2012
Very well maintained park with the friendliest staff we've ever encountered. The big rig sites are on the frontage road but we never found the noise to be an issue. I give them a 9 only because the neighborhood is not the best, right at the same freeway exit is where all of the "no-tell motels" are located and you get quite the show as you drive by, but you do drive right on by. The park is several blocks from there, in a rural-residential neighborhood. As we drove up the manager ran right out to greet us and direct us to our spot and even helped with navigating the tight squeeze between 2 posts. (One of which my husband hit anyway because he doesn't always listen.) She checked on us occasionally, and even checked on our dog while we were out. While we were here they always seemed to have people going in and out of their transient sites, so make sure you make a reservation. If you must stay in Fresno, this is a great place and we would definitely recommend it to anyone. We camped here in a Motorhome.
June 2011
The park is very small and the spaces available for overnight RV's are next to the frontage street. This is more of a long term trailer park. It is in a very bad neighborhood. The owner of the park had me take my bikes and the rack off of my trailer because of routine theft at night and place them in his storage building. Even with my large cable and pad lock he stated they will just cut it off with bolt cutters. I had no plan on spending that time considering I was only there overnight. Everything else was fine but we did not feel safe at all. It was quiet at night early on. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
June 2011
This is an old mobile home park with many older units. I would not recommend trying to put a big rig more than 40' in here. The personnel are Excellent. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. Nice laundry facility. Felt very safe here. We camped here in a Motorhome.

yes  yes  no  yes  yes  question  question  yes  question  yes
yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  question  yes  question  yes
Nice setting. Very spacious sites and shade canopies. Very quiet in off season. Stayed in non-hookup site although those are available. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Great camping. Asphalt parking gets hot during summer. Big trees behind spot. Easy access to lake. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
July 2012
Superb location, close to the lake. Only a few shady places, quickly taken by frequent visitors. Do not go to the full hook up site, the others are much better placed. The lake is Hot, Hot, Hot, and the campground is quiet, especially on weekdays. Not enough shade, and a stupid, incomprehensible reservation system, otherwise a 10/10. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Millerton Lake State Recreaton Area

3   7   8   7   10   3
question  question  question  question  question  question
question  question  question  question  question  no
March 2014
This is an old mobile home park that is now taking in RV's. The park is small and run down. Our rate was the weekly rate. Our campsite was just inside the entrance to the park and the road noise was loud especially since their was a motorcycle bar up the road from the campground. The owner was very friendly and tries to do a good job with the landscaping but I did not feel she paid much attention to the looks of the rest of the park. The laundry room was very dusty and dirty. There is no cable hook. The sites are rather tight for big campers like ours. It would be an okay park for an overnight but we don't plan on staying for an extended period of time in the future. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
January 2014
This is my third time staying at this park and my second review. It is an older park with a lot of full timers -- that includes many mobile homes, but well maintained and quiet. It is very easy to access from 99. Take the Olive Ave off ramp and turn right and go a couple (long) blocks past the gas stations and fast food eateries. It is on the left. The park is close to the Tower District with restaurants, banks, shopping, post office, and easy access to gas and propane. It is also close to the Rhoeding Park Zoo--a must see. I have stayed in the same spot each time I have been here, as luckily it was free. I recommend it for its privacy--the front door opens out onto a patio and grassy area with trees. It is by the entrance so there are cars coming and going occasionally but they have not been a distraction. On the other side of the hedge that borders this side of the park is a family residence. There are the usual family noises but they are respectful of their "neighbors", quieting their dogs or bringing them in when they bark--which they often did when my dog was out. The spaces are pull through of sorts -- parallel parking but drive forward into the spot after unhooking the tow vehicle. Then drive forward to hook up the tow vehicle when ready to leave and then for the spot I am in, drive forward out of the park. Wherever one parks it is easy in and out. The laundry room is clean with newer washers and dryers and is nicely priced. There is a bin for recycling at the west side of the park. There is also a nice clean swimming pool which I used last spring when I was here. Next to the park on the other side from my spot there is a "clubhouse" that belongs to a motorcycle club. I mention it only as a disclaimer as only on two occasions during my three weeks here was there the usual noise from a couple motorcycles that motorcycles make, but it was not ongoing and it was not late at night. The manager told me the noise from there has increased a bit since I was last here but it was not a problem while I was here other than what I just mentioned. The park has upgraded the (free) Wi-Fi and I got excellent reception the entire time I was here. The rate I paid was on the weekly rate. Yes, I will stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Old and small, but an immaculately kept campground. The neighborhood looked iffy when we passed through, however no one bothered anything that we left outside, and we had a very safe and pleasant stay. There were mostly full time residents here who seemed to take as much pride in the park as their friendly manager. We were traveling with another 40’ big rig and the manager could not have been more pleasant and helpful and was able to park us together, even supplying an extra water hose to our friends when theirs didn’t reach. There were plenty choices of restaurants and fuel that is close to the easily on/off highway 99. Our reservation was for three nights but we decided to stay an extra one in the peaceful setting. We have a washer/dryer and air card so internet and laundry were not an issue, but the services were available. We would recommend this park and would definitely stay here again. I only gave this park an 8 because of the age of the park and the unusual way of parking could be a problem for inexperienced drivers. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for New Horizons Mobile/RV Park
August 2008

yes  yes
yes  yes
August 2008
Park was nice, quiet, and people were very friendly. Close to Hwy 99, and we were able to get to all the places we needed to get to. We camped here in a Motorhome.
March 2006
Easy access just off Hwy 99. One night stay while traveling North. No frills: nice and simple. Park was quiet and clean as most people were living here full time and working. We camped here in a Motorhome.
May 2011

question  yes
question  yes
May 2011
This is not an RV park but a seedy, old mobile home park in desperate condition with ancient mobile homes in desperate condition. It has recently been purchased, and the new manager is making improvements as fast as possible, but he has a very long way to go. Very nice, helpful manager. They have one site at the very front of the park, but getting into it was just too iffy for our big rig. We appreciated the offer to clean up another site where large equipment was parked, but the park is just not ready for RVers so we did not stay. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
February 2011
When working near Fresno, my family and found Three Palms RV Park of Fresno. We did some research of all the other Fresno RV Parks and this is definitely the most affordable RV park in Fresno and the best overall deal we found. The park was being "remodeled" during the beginning of our stay, but they seem to really do a lot during our 3 month stay. They remodeled the bathrooms & showers, put in fast Wi-Fi wireless internet, and gave most of the buildings a modern face lift. If your looking for monthly long term RV camping, this is your place. One of the main reasons we chose Three Palms was that the RV spaces were the biggest we found and were shaded by trees, not just an open parking lot with RV hookups. They also had an on-site laundry facility, a great manager. They made this Fresno TV camper feel right at home. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.