206928 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Hornbrook, California (Air Miles)
Bogus Soda Springs 76
Mount Ashland Ski Area
Tub Springs State Wayside 36 2 3
Wal-Marti-5:773 1906 Fort Jones Rd (Located To Block)
California
Hornbrook
Blue Heron RV Park
2014-03-26 01:44:51
Hornbrook, California
January 2014

yes (River)
yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes  question  question
yes  question  question  yes  question  yes  question  yes  question  question
January 2014
About 6mi. off the I-5 @ exit 789, so just keep going. We stayed one night January 16,2014. Lovely cement pad sites with pull-throughs or back-ins. Right by the river. There is a restaurant on site, but we knew it would be out in the boonies so we were prepared with our own meal to cook. I must admit if you came in the summer the sites do not have trees, only trees are along the shore of the river. A little pricey for winter @ $20 + taxes for the night, but hey you're in California. When we drove in we didn't know where the office was, but a lady jumped in her vehicle and came driving up. I guess they winter here in their 5th wheel, so very accommodating. We'd stop again. Yes they have Wi-Fi, but park near the restrooms. No TV signals, but then again the mountains probably block anything. They are Passport America clients. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We drove 6 miles on a terrible, narrow and bumpy road to get here. We requested a site on the river, but were told that we could not have it because they were only for motorhomes. The managers were not very accommodating and the place was empty. You would think they would have welcomed anyone. If they are concerned about somebody damaging their property, perhaps they should have had one of their employees guide you into your spot, therefore minimizing the probability of damage to their sites. The restaurant was closed (Mondays) so over all, not worth the price or the bumpy ride in. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
April 2013
We chose to drive six miles out of our way to stay here due to other reviews we read. Plus in speaking with the owner over the phone, and hearing about the restaurant and the prime rib special, I was sold. The park is right on the Klamath River. Most of the spots are nose in. Personally, I think someone made a mistake in design. Anyhow, we stayed in a pull through, which was concrete and fairly level. We went to the restaurant for Prime Rib to find it was sold out. We opted for steak and ALL of the food we had was EXCELLENT. We were one of two rigs in the park. The other appeared to be resident. It was very peaceful and quiet. No cable and be aware - NO cell phone coverage. If you like to fish, and you like the remoteness, this is definitely a place to go. The owners were great and very helpful. Restaurant was great. However, I would not go six miles out of my way again to stay there. The rate of $30.00 was the Passport America rate, which I considered to be very high for the park and it's amenities. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Blue Heron RV Park