Nearby Jenner, California (Air Miles)
Fort Ross State Histori
2014-05-25 19:41:30
Jenner, California
May 2008

May 2008
This is a great California State Park campground. Located about 18 miles north of Jenner, on CA Hwy 1. Sites are paved and spaced well apart. Easy access to Pacific Ocean and abalone diving. No dump station available at this campground. Reservations are made on Reserve America. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
April 2013

yes (Ocean)
no  no
April 2013
The ocean view here is fantastic, but be aware of how windy it can be. This is more of a campground than an RV park, so don't expect your site to be flat or level. The restroom was a porta potty, so non-flushing. Fortunately it was clean. Sites have no hookups; there are spigots near the potties to fill your water tank. There is no cell phone service in the area, but you can make a phone call from the office for $1. There is no Wi-Fi service. If you enjoy a pretty view and don't mind roughing it for $24 a night, this is a good spot. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2010
This is a completely no frills campground except for one thing. You can camp right on the ocean with amazing views. I don't know how many sites there are -- they are on 20 acres. They have tables and fire rings at each site. There are porta-potties located throughout the campground. They have a boat launch as well. You can also do day use as well as long term stays. The hosts are very polite and welcoming. We will be glad to come back here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
June 2011

June 2011
This is a very nice state park. We were here in the middle of the week and the place was practically empty. We had our pick of sites. Needless to say, it was very quiet. The sites all have a picnic table, grill, and food box. The bathrooms were clean (no showers). I didn't notice a dump station. I did take advantage of the lack of vehicles and stopped at a water spigot to fill up my rig's water tank (I definitely wasn't holding up any traffic). As with most state parks I've been in, sites aren't always too level to begin with. Have some extra wood blocks available to help level your rig. The only complaint I have is with the price. $35.00 per night for basically a concrete pad to park on. I understand California's budget is hurting, but that's ridiculous. I don't think I'll go back to this park for that reason. I can get full hook-ups for that. For that reason, I'm only rating this park a 5. If you're a camper and don't mind paying that for no hookups, this is your place. We camped here in a Motorhome.
January 2009

10   7   9   9
yes  yes  yes  yes
yes  yes  yes  yes
January 2009
Perfect park if you like a quiet, isolated setting (we do). No AT&T coverage (yay!). Peaceful campground with pines and shrubs and spacious sites. Clean showers and bathrooms, friendly camp hosts. One dump station and several water spigots. Fellow campers respected quiet time. Trail down to the rocky cove; and 0.8 mile loop trail through redwood grove. Probably better for tents and trailers: no sites are truly level and our 34' MH caught some branches on the roof. We spent New Year's weekend here; we'll definitely be back. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2008
We really liked this campground. Very nice, clean bathroom/showers. No cell service in this area for Verizon or ATT. Very nice folks here. We were here 2 nights and would come back again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
June 2008
I loved this place. My wife didn't so much, as there is not much to do except hike down to the rocky beach. A lot of abalone divers come here. My cell phone didn't work, and there is no Wi-Fi. Exactly what I wanted. We spent 4 nights here and loved them all even though a group came through and over-camped their sites. Not a lot of trailer sites, but there is someplace for everybody here. I think the big rigs would have a problem finding a spot, but our 28 foot trailer found several spots that worked. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Stillwater Cove Regional Park

Great overnight stop on CA Highway One between San Francisco and Fort Bragg. From the bluffs here there is a fine ocean view of cloudscapes and marine life. Resident harbor seals haul out on the mussel beds just below my window. Thousands of pelicans have flown north along the bluffs during my stay, gray whales spout just a few hundred yards offshore, and passing sea lions wave at the campers. This campground is a great overnight stop on CA Highway One between San Francisco and Fort Bragg, as well as a nice place for a longer stay. The location is remote and accommodations rustic. Several water/electric sites for rigs under 30 feet, plenty of room for tent campers, campfires, fish-cleaning station, and restrooms and showers. A road leads down to camping sites on the beach, and there is a little cabin with a view of the cove above the beach. For longer stays, there is Verizon landline DSL, and small grocery stores in Ocean Cove and Fort Ross (the historical park is only a few minutes south). Weekends fill up with inlanders, fishermen, abalone divers, and kayakers, so best to arrive midday Friday if you don't call ahead for details. Sites are first-come, first-served. The management is pleasant and accommodating. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.