Nearby Joshua Tree, California (Air Miles)
Lazy H Rv
2013-11-14 02:38:30
Joshua Tree, California
November 2013

8   5   8   7   9   8   7   7
yes  question  question  yes  yes  question  yes  yes
question  question  question  yes  yes  question  yes  yes
November 2013
Escapee rate. Good enough park. It's sandy and it's the desert. I can see where it would kick up with the wind but fortunately we didn't have any during our stay. Nice wide sites, ours was level. Supplied utilities just fine. Easily accessible dump site. Very marginal cell service and certainly no data service. Had I been staying longer I think my trucker antenna/amplifier would have taken care of it. Good WiFi signal at our site. The charge to users is OK with me if it keeps the price for sites from going up to get everyone to cover the cost. We camped here in a Motorhome.
March 2013
Campground is an open sand flat with minimal vegetation between sites. Lots of grit in the air when windy. The site was not level front to back. Electric OK, water pressure was low (22 psi), no sewer, no cell service. Very good wifi - fast and stable - but not included in the camping fees ($14.95/week extra). Biggest positive to this campground is that it provides convenient access to the north side of Joshua Tree National Park. We camped here in a Motorhome.
March 2013
Unfortunately we could only stay for one night before we had to leave for another RV park in the area because a group event had completely booked this park. We have stayed here earlier and will return in the future. The park is a few miles off the busy highway, so noise is not an issue at night. During the day some shooting and ATV noise is going on. The sites are sand, pretty large, and easy to get in and out. Our rate was for a pull through full hookup including an escapee member discount. Leveling was easy, the hookups were in good order, and perfectly placed. Sites are arranged parallel and some oleanders give a little privacy. We cannot comment on the restrooms or showers since we did not use them. However, value for money is very good and the lack of Wi-Fi is bearable for a few days. Shopping and Wi-Fi is about 8 miles away. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Joshua Tree Lake RV & Campground
April 2013

3   3   3   9   7
no  question  no  yes  yes
no  question  no  yes  yes
April 2013
This campground is filled mostly with residential campers. The staff was very friendly, but none too efficient. Had to pay in cash as the don't accept credit cards. The bathroom/shower was bare-bones, not very clean, and lacked toilet paper. Water, electricity (30 amp), and sewer connections were all okay. The site was wide, with room for the RV, a concrete patio, and our car side-by-side. We camped here in a Motorhome.
January 2010
I wish to warn anyone to make sure you speak to someone before you stay here-you may wind up with an unsatisfactory site. I wound up leaving early the next morning and going to the other RV park. I called two times to make a reservation and was not called back. I chose to go anyway due to its close proximity to the entrance to the the Joshua Tree National Monument. I thought if there was nothing available I would go to the other park. I pulled up to the office and asked if a space was available. She asked if I had an adapter as she only had a fifty amp space available at an empty mobile home lot. She told me I would need to unhook my truck as the road to the site was behind me and there was no place to turn around. I unhooked my truck and drove to the site and went back for my motor home. There were two very old trailers (not mobile homes) on either side of me with one having a lot of clutter around it. Turned out the sewer hookup would not fit my RV sewer hose and I was nervous about the electric hookup voltage since it was a mobile home hookup so I dry docked for the night at a bit more than dry dock price. One of the "neighbors" was noisy at night. I did see some nice RV sites at the front of the park; so my advice is to make sure you get a reservation for what you want before you go. On the other hand if you want stunning views and real quiet (this is in January) go to the other park. We camped here in a Motorhome.
January 2006
We stayed here over New Year's 2005/2006. During the four nights we were there the bathrooms were not cleaned once. No TP, no soap, no towels. We would not stay here again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Lazy H Mobile Home & RV Community