Nearby Ocotillo Wells, California (Air Miles)
D and E's
2012-05-01 09:55:56
Ocotillo Wells, California
January 2010

January 2010
We chose the Blu INN so we could store our trailer on site and just pull onto a spot when we traveled out on the weekends. The first weekend we decided to stay on the campground will be our last. We paid for a month of storage on the 1st and camped on a site for 4 days on the 15th. On day 3 we decided to eat the monthly storage fee and we pulled our property off the site completely. The owner of this property is arrogant and flat out rude. We had a guest come through the gate and they didn't check in as there are no signs at the gate to check in. The owner came around in his truck and was rude and belligerent to our guest; who actually had come to see the site with his father to potentially camp out for their next trip. He put his fingers in my guest face and my wife's face and warned them that it was private park and they better check in. About 10 minutes later another guest came in the site driving a Borrego Ambulance as he was on duty. He did not check in either and again the owner came in his truck, beer in hand, and warned my guests to check in. We spoke to the two other renters across from us and they had similar experiences with the owner the night before. In the morning I discussed the behavior with the attendant at the front desk and informed her we would not be camping or storing any longer at the Blu Inn. When we checked out the owner was sitting in the office and did not even attempt to discuss my concerns regarding his behavior with my guests and my wife. We respect the fact that as the owner he is trying to keep tabs on who is in the park for the safety of his guest, this is why we chose to camp there instead of in "the desert" but his arrogant, rude, obnoxious behavior was inappropriate. If I want that type of behavior I will take my chances camping out in the open rather than paying for it. The pool was freezing and cloudy, the jacuzzi was 80 degrees and you needed tokens to shower; which we didn't know until we were in the shower undressed. Not worth the money for a hookup and rude owner We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
April 2012

question  yes
question  yes
April 2012
The price is right. Pool was kind of cold, but I swam in it once, my kids several times. Walking distance to a store and a beer bar. Friendly staff invited us back for a big July 4th weekend bash they do. We would come back next desert season. Manager said there were some plans to improve a few outdated areas of the park. The park is 45 years old, but is comfortable. No playground, but lots of kids enjoyed the pool. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
February 2012
Great camp for the price. Dirt parking. Nice and level. Good layout if you want to camp with a few friends close to each other. Easy walk to a market and the "Iron Door", a beer bar. Friendly to off-roaders. Pool was freezing cold, but my kids did not mind. We stay here once or twice a year. Usually don't need reservations. Lots of spaces even during peak season. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.