Nearby Parker Dam, California (Air Miles)
Emerald Canyon Golf Cour
Blue Water 119 W. Riverside Dr. Parker Az 85344 928-669-7777 (Located To Street)
Earp (Parker) Ca - Cra Emerald Cove

1   1   6   5
no  no  no  no
no  no  no  no
March 2013
RV sites are very poor and dirty; hook ups are ancient and broken. Don't use the public restroom; they are filthy. If this park wasn't right on the river, no one would use it. I don't recommend going there. We camped here in a Motorhome.
November 2012
The RV stalls have some of the worst hook ups for motorhomes, assuming they work. This place is run down, poorly managed, and offers nothing other than a beautiful view of the Colorado River. It's not much better than dry camping in the middle of a dry desert, except the dry desert won't cost you $49 per day to park in dirt. The bathrooms and showers are disgusting, and good luck if they actually work when you get the guts to go into them. There's no real management or any other services at this facility. The cable TV hook ups rarely work, it's impossible to get phone service, and the park store has nothing worth buying. Try the WalMart parking lot in Parker, it has much better parking, and it's free. We camped here in a Motorhome.
November 2010
We stayed for a week to be on the river. Had a great time, but there seemed to be something wrong with the fresh water and sewer because they kept turning it off and asking us not to dump. The bathrooms were not clean. The views and access to the water were excellent so we spent most of our time on the water. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Big Bend Resort
January 2010

7   1   3   9   1
yes  question  no  yes  no
yes  question  no  yes  no
January 2010
The existing ratings are a little dated, so perhaps that explains the differences in what we found during our stay. The location and views are stunningly beautiful. The lake itself, and the surrounding rugged mountain terrain would be hard to top. Of course you don't get to a spot like that off the expressway, so the road is certainly a twisty challenge, but definitely manageable for any experienced driver. Sites vary considerably. Those close to the water are barely more than parking spaces, while others set further back are spacious, with gravel parking and large concrete patio pads. Staff were super-friendly. On arrival, they gave us a list of available sites and a map, and let us look around in our toad so we could pick the site that suited us. We reported an issue with the septic hookup one evening, they were at the site and had it sorted out first thing the next morning. Biggest drawback was the washrooms/showers. They are older and pretty primitive, including being unheated. Showers are poorly leveled concrete, with no separate change area. If you're wearing long pants, there is little chance that you'll get them on dry. Finally, although the men's building appeared to be pretty clean, there was always a strong urine smell inside. I never figured out why. Overall, we would return for the location alone. The welcoming staff make it even more appealing. If you use your own coach shower and washroom facilities, then no worries. We camped here in a Motorhome.
March 2007
It was the worst experience of my life and will never return. I suggest people with children never visit this park. An employee told my 12 year old son to get into his truck, my son ran away! Needless to say I tried to bring it to management's attention that this was completely inappropriate. I was told by the manager to get out of the office and he didn't want to hear anymore about it. I demanded the owner, but I was told he was unavailable until the following day, and warned that he only sides with his employees. What??? This was crazy, my complaint was that his employee demanded that my child get into a vehicle with him. My complaint was so valid that the sheriff should have been called. I want the world to know that this place is creepy. What kind of people run this establishment The owner did visit my site and I can not begin to comprehend the verbal abuse that was laid onto me by him. He did not allow me to say one word. I politely introduced myself and from then on he screamed at me, caused my 5 year old to cry and scared all of our children. This monster told me to pack my $#7% and take my brats out of his park and never return. I will never return, you can bet on that, and folks with children should not visit. . We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
September 2006
This is one place we will put in our Do Not Return Book. Not only was the staff extremely rude, the park was not very clean, the road to get there is very windy. They charge extra for electricity, other campers continuously walk through your site if you are on the A row. Never will return! We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Black Meadow Landing
January 2014

8   4   8   8
yes  no  yes  no
yes  no  yes  no
January 2014
Very nice river sites. Most staying for 30 days+. Our site, 112, wasn't too level; we busted a jack trying to level. Lots of mobile folks to fix the problem. AT&T cell was OK, Wi-Fi is only at the office. Views are great! Lots of sand, fires OK on the beach. We might stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
February 2009
This park was highly recommended to us. Obviously our standards are different. We were to stay a whole week and stayed only two nights. The public washrooms were filthy, full of sand and cold - no heat in Feb. The pool was empty. We did have a nice site on the beach but our neighbors were only arms length away. On one side the fellow had tool benches set up and looked like he was a full timer. There are lots of park models packed in that look ancient and seem to have a beer sign in all windows. My guess is that this place is hopping in the summer. I would say of all the places I have seen in the US, the Colorado River here is the most gorgeous. Palm trees, mountains and river - it is all here. If we come again to the area we will bring a small boat. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
January 2008
We only stayed one night because it was very windy. The park is very clean and well kept. We were right next to the river. I was disappointed that the pool was closed. We will stay there again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Echo Lodge Resort
April 2009

9   7   10
question  question  yes
question  question  yes
April 2009
We found River Lodge Resort to be a great campground to go to in the spring (April or May)after most of winter visitors have left and before the summer crowds. It is located on the Colorado River so be sure to ask for a beachfront site. Sites on the river have a covered picnic table and there is enough landscaping to provide privacy from the next RV. The sites are good sized and the hookups are convenient. The weather can be very warm at this time of the year and is generally wind, but if you're looking for sunshine this is the place to go. There is a boat access at the resort and on weekends there is a lot of boat traffic on the river, otherwise it is quiet. You cannot cross the Parker Dam to get to the resort as it is closed to large vehicles, but the website provides directions to get there. We would highly recommend. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2007
We stayed here for the month of Oct. just before the snowbirds. Monthly rate was 320.00 and we were about 25 feet from the Colorado River. Backed in and had a great view. This is an older park that just changed ownership. The new owners were working hard and were very nice. There is a par 3 golf course that is included in the fee. Its Bermuda grass but fun to play. 2 really tough par 3 holes. People friendly. Had a swarm of "May" flies for awhile. All and all it was a nice stay. Would come back. Understand that after Nov it fills up fast. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
June 2007
This park has new owners since Jan 2006. They are a huge improvement over the previous owner that used to own it. The 9-hole golf course is well maintained and fun. Lots of trees and grass. One mile of beach on the Colorado river, to include a marina, a nice enclosed lagoon with a beach, and cabana for kids. The staff was friendly and helpful, especially Joe, the park foreman; and Kathy who runs the store and office. This is the best RV experience we've had in years. We're going back soon!! We camped here in a Motorhome.