Nearby Placerville, California (Air Miles)
Lyon's
Gold Bug Mine
4300 Missouri Flat Rd
Marshall Gold Discovery
Tt Ca Ponderosa Park *Ta (Naco) 7291 Hwy 49 Lotus (L11/14-4/27) 530-642-5830,Ttnlt
Rpi- Ca Ponderosa Park *Ta (Naco) 7291 Hwy 49 Coloma
AOR2098
Aor Tt Now Lotus Ca - Ponderosa Park Tt 2004
"Elks - E,W,D - 3821 Quest Ct"
Shell
Placerville, California

4   8   7
question  yes  yes
question  yes  question
Thirty dollars a night, no sewer hookup, no dump station, no WiFi. When I asked in the fairgrounds office if I could put a letter with their outgoing mail, I was told I could not, but I could take it down the street to the grocery that had a "blue box". Certainly my spot was nice enough. They put me by the wine gazebo next to the museum. It was clean and it was level, but for thirty dollars a night, I would expect more. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2012
Note: phone number above good for Mon-Fri 9-4. Per earlier review, it is dispersed camping in the county fairgrounds. There are many nice spots where you can be placed. Lots of grass and open fields. We had a sweet spot near the maintenance building --sounds crummy but it was great. They had an event so we couldn't stay in this other spot nestled in a grape arbor. Maintenance guy met us at gate and was extremely helpful and accommodating. Water and electric hook ups, but no dump. Have flush toilets on site. They are trying to get a dump station in, but they are "fighting city hall". We had the whole, entire fairgrounds to ourselves. Sweet! He even gave us the key to the showers, so we had showers only we could use. Gets an 8 because the road noise is VERY noticeable. Pretty easy place to stay and easy to get to Tahoe for the day. We would return. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
October 2007
This is not an actual campground -- it is the county fairgrounds, but they welcome RVs. RVs park in various places around the site, but not in a specific RV area (which means they're dispersed). 50-amp service costs $25, but I understand you can dry camp for $20. You can get water to fill your tank, but not necessarily next to the electrical, and there is no sewer or dump station. No shower. Rest rooms may be left unlocked for you. We liked it because we had about an acre of space with a dozen picnic tables on a huge grassy area to ourselves, and it was completely quiet at night. There is 24-hour security and the fairgrounds are gated, so we felt safe at night and in leaving our RV during the day to go sight-seeing. There is no office -- register at the maintenance shed or flag down a worker. Staff was friendly. A grocery store is across the street. The big minus is that RVs can't stay here during major events; otherwise you can stay 14 days. We camped here in a Motorhome.