219922 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Porterville, California (Air Miles)
1250 W Henderson Ave

7   1   1   3
question  no  question  yes
question  no  question  yes
June 2011
We stopped there as a last resort. We could not find anything else in the area. The site was fine. The hookups worked. There were a lot of full-timers so it looked a little sketchy. The garbage was overflowing and smelly. Shade was available. The night was quiet and peaceful. Overall this was acceptable but don't expect luxury. If we were in the area, we would stop again but only for one night. Not nice enough for any longer. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
September 2008
This is such a rundown Park that the Trailer Life reviewers should be embarrased with the ratings that are in the book. The Saturday evening that we were there, some of the permnant residents were having a celebration with loud music. The streets are dusty and dirty. No maintance has been done to the trees or sites in forever. It was once a nice park I'm sure as the layout is excellent. One has to laugh at the "rules" when you see the permnant residents areas and un-leashed animals We camped here in a Motorhome.
March 2007
I don't know what the other camper who reviewed this campground was smokin. Ocean view? We're 3 hours inland.This campground is right on the highway with a lot of noise. Summers it gets in the 100 degree range. Would not recommend this park. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Deer Creek RV Park
March 2014

9   6   8   9
yes  question  question  yes
yes  question  question  yes
March 2014
Very nice COE campground. Quiet when we were there with only a few other units. Had 50 amp elec and water hook-up. Used dump station upon leaving. Lake is low, but will rise again eventually. Had no Verizon coverage for our hot spot, but a bar or two for AT&T cell. Would definitely stay here again!! We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
April 2011
This is one of the most neglected COE campgrounds we've visited. The grass isn't cut often enough. Water spigots are as much as 40' from the sites. No speed limits are posted and drivers (including rangers and lake patrol) tend to speed through the campground. Park Rangers are indifferent and do not make eye contact. The check-in system needs help. Having said all that, the campground is laid out well, has spacious sites and fairly new amenities, including covered picnic tables. Our rate reflects our Golden Age 50% discount. We camped here in a Motorhome.
January 2010
Lake Success is pretty dry as are most of the lakes in this region during the winter. However, the California department of fish and game posts fishing reports/releases which makes this a popular spot for fishers. There is a restaurant/bar and boat launch here. I did not visit the bar it looks kind of rough to take kids to but OK for adults. The day camp area was under construction when I came but the small play ground was accessible and open. This is great for kids. Looks like there is a shower/water play area during the summer as well. Power and water hook ups are available at the southern loop. The north loop was closed I'm not sure what’s up there. I dry camped so I'm going based on what the lakes website shows when I say 15 amp only. The power was suppose to have been turned off according to the ranger I called (for the off season) as well as the water but I noticed a 5er hooked up to the power. You do get a little highway noise from 190 here and it’s probably worse in the north loop but it didn't keep us up at night. If you’re in to fishing, traveling with a family I think this is a great spot to stop. I’m a local so I was surprised at the quality of the campground given its location. It’s pretty close to an Indian gaming casino as well. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Tule COE