Nearby Potrero, California (Air Miles)
Potrero
Lake Morena
Golden Acorn 1800 Golden Acorn Way Campo Ca 91906 619-938-6000 (Located To Zip)
Rest Area On Ca I-8 At Mile Marker 51 Unverified.
Diamond Jacks Rv Ranch
Viejas 5000 Willows Rd. Alpine Ca 91901 619-445-5400 (Located To Block)
Viejas Casino
California
Potrero
Potrero County Park
2014-02-21 18:50:59
Potrero, California
February 2014

10   10   9   9   6   8
yes  yes  question  question  question  question
question  yes  question  question  question  question
February 2014
Beautiful park...huge oak trees all around. Very well maintained..nice large level sites. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
December 2012
I've known about this campground for better than years, it is somewhat local to me but have stayed for the first time now. I should have come sooner! The park is somewhat off of the beaten path. It is literally only miles from the U.S. Mexican border in the little town of Potrero, about 5 or so miles from the turnoff to the Tecate entrance into Mexico. It is operated by the County of San Diego. What a wonderful park! Excellently maintained, very clean, and quiet, no trains, planes or automobiles to hear! I guess because of the time of the year and perhaps the weather, we had the whole park to ourselves. Only one other camper was coming in when we arrived, and there was only one camper already here, when we arrived. Both had continued on their way the next day. I prefer to use my own RV to take care of our needs, but I checked out the restrooms/showers. While things are somewhat old, they were very well maintained and very clean. We stayed unfortunately on a rainy weekend. It pretty much rained every night we were here, though the sun did come out briefly on Saturday. We kind of used it as a base camp, and did a little exploring to the North and West of the campground in the Laguna Mountains, where there was snow for the big (me) and little kids to play in briefly. We also went to a little town called Boulevard where there is the Wisteria Candy Cottage. Excellent place to check out if you like candy of all sorts. I and the wife got pecan turtles, daughter got a caramel apple and son got gummy worms. A bit pricy but worth the stop in, very friendly. Now that we've visited it and it is not too far from home, about 40 miles outside of the City of San Diego, we will definitely add this to our list of favorite local visits. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
June 2010
Rangers were very helpful by loaning us tools for a mechanical issue. We were on a pie-shaped space which was a little nicer than other typical stalls (more roomy). Some sites were not too level if you don't carry enough blocks. Very pretty old oak trees throughout site. Public market is about 5 minutes away. Pretty area of county. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Potrero County Park