206926 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Raymond, California (Air Miles)
Bodie State Historic P
Raymond, California

question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes
question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes
October 2013
This was a very pleasant campground, but trees and location meant no view of the lake. Had no trouble getting satellite reception, but no cell service at all. I had a full hookup site for the price shown with a senior federal pass. I only spent one night because of the lack of cell service, but would come back again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
February 2013
This is a Corp of Engineer campground on Eastman Lake about 20 miles outside of Chowchilla. The rate reflects a dry camping site with a federal senior discount card. We chose the dry camping site since it is one of the few sites that have a view of the lake. Most sites do not. The reservoir is very low, so it is a ways away. The road in is rough, as pointed out by a prior reviewer, but not that bad. Most of the roads in California are in very bad shape now. However, do watch the railroad crossing; it gave us a good bump. As noted, there are hookup sites of varying kinds. When we were there, we had only dozen other campers, so lots of room. Many of the sites are very, very sloped where we would not be able to level. Our Verizon phone worked on and off. The data did not work at all. Most of the sites would not have a problem getting satellite. There is not a lot to do, so go if like the peace and quite and nice dark skies. We will definitely stay here again if in the ares. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2012
This is a very nice COE park BUT the roads in (Avenue 26 and some of Road 29) are horrible!! We will not stay here again only because of them. Once you get onto park property, the roads to and in the campgrounds are good. Now, about the campground...we had an electric/water site only but there are about 5 sites with sewer. We were right across from the bathhouses so there was no problem there. Bathhouses are clean; one shower per side (male/female). No Verizon service until you get back to Chowchilla. Apparently, AT&T is the phone service of choice in this area. There is wifi service at the check-in area. Each campsite has a fire ring and picnic table and many have roofs over the tables. Although most sites have trees, we didn't see any what you would call "shady sites" as we drove through. As I said, we liked this COE park a lot but will not visit again until roads are improved, especially Avenue 26. BTW, Save Mart right at Exit 170, is a lovely grocery store and had delicious mussels!! We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Codorniz Recreation Area Campground COE

9   9   9   7   7   7   7   8   4
question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  question  yes
question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  question  yes
October 2013
I like open campgrounds with a view, so the lack of shade did not bother me. Actually, I had a tree behind me that gave me afternoon shade, but did not block my view. Lake is very low, but I came here to relax, so that was OK. View was still very good. OK cell voice and data service, although signal was a little weak. Site could have been more level, but a couple of boards solved my problem. I was in Site 22, which is normally part of a double site, but few campers are here this time of year, so I had a lot of privacy. Had no problems getting my 32' motorhome backed into site. Because this area is so hilly, some picnic tables were behind, below, or above the campsite, but they did have steps to the ones I investigated. Price is with senior pass. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2011
Hensley Lake Recreation Area, east of Chowchilla (U.S. Hwy 99, Exit 170). Great facilities, open all year. Plenty of available sites (some pull-through) when we were there in early part of week in October. Many sites have incredible view of lake. Playground in day use area. Good walking along park roads. Near foothills of Sierra Mountains. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
June 2011
We camped in Site 13. Though it had an asphalt pad, it required some leveling on one side. Not very busy even though it is the summer season. My primary purpose was to do geocaching and there were enough caches scattered about to make the trip worthwhile. For a public campground, this is very well done. Had it offered Wi-Fi, I would have kicked the rating up a notch. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Hidden View Campground