206873 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Vandenberg AFB, California (Air Miles)
Vandenberg Air Force Bas
2220 S Bradley
Costco 8059229887
California
Vandenberg AFB
Vandenberg AFB FamCamp (Military Camping Only)
2014-04-13 00:19:27
Vandenberg AFB, California

8   7   7   10   8
question  yes  yes  yes  question
question  yes  yes  question  question
Nice park with friendly hosts. Our site was somewhat unlevel, but workable for the two day stay. WIFI was excellent. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2012
First off we appreciated the ability to stay here as instructors on base even though we are not military. We had to be sponsored, but it was well worth the time it took to jump through all the required hoops as our commute was about 3-4 minutes vs. half an hour. Check in was, well, interesting. The person working the office seemed overwhelmed by the simplest of tasks. I repeatedly asked her to call me to take my debit card information for payment as there was an issue when we checked in. That call never happened and I had to scrape together cash to pay as I do not travel with checks. The site we had (13) was a pull through. Trees narrowed the site a bit and made receiving our DirecTV signal a challenge. The resident host was a very nice, helpful man who was pleasant to speak with. We met several more permanent residents who were all very pleasant to speak with. The restrooms and showers were clean for the most part, although I have seen cleaner. I would give them a 7 out of 10. Thank goodness for "shower shoes". I was told all sites have only 50 amp service so keep that in mind. The vehicle search at the Lompoc Gate was relatively quick, although I did not appreciate having to sit in a room and not watch what was being done in searching my RV. I guess that is the price you pay for the privilege of staying in an RV on base. Overall our stay was pleasant and I would definitely stay here again if ever providing additional training on base. We camped here in a Motorhome.
June 2012
In addition to the previous comments, I'd like to state the WiFi is currently poor to practically nonexistent most of the time. The current WiFi system is antiquated and is provided by Sprint. The good news is Verizon 4G LTE is now available at the FamCamp with very good signal strength. There are new rules in place for base contractors staying at the FamCamp. After so many days (I think 60) the camper has to relocate to the back-in spaces. Also, the FamCamp now accepts reservations. The weekly rate is discounted and is $148.00 We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Vandenberg AFB FamCamp (Military Camping Only)