Nearby Brighton, Colorado (Air Miles)
60W Bromley Ln
Wal-Marti-25:221 550 E 102Nd Ave (Located To Block)
Jackson'S Sports Grill

3   8   9
question  question  yes
question  question  yes
July 2012
This is basically a place to overnight, it is not a destination. Being a fairgrounds, the sites are meant to oblige 4H and rodeo campers who need to be near their livestock, but can be used by anyone where there are no events scheduled. There is an excellent park only a few hundred yards to the east, and good fishing in the lakes there. There is no shade and all RV's must use the dump station which is in the wrong location on the map given to you at check-in. Also, the woman who handles the bookings can be very cranky. A good place to park for us since we were visiting family nearby, and very inexpensive. We camped here in a Motorhome.
May 2012
We stayed here for three nights and enjoyed our stay. We had 30 amp service and water. The first two nights were very quiet. Only one other RV. On night three, ten rigs arrived between 10 p.m. and midnight. They were part of the work crew setting up for an event at the fairgrounds. The place got very busy. The office is open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. so plan your arrival accordingly or call ahead. Staff was super to work with. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
April 2012
Excellent place to stay in the northeast side of Denver. It's a fairgrounds with a lot of activity going on. The lady in the office, is very friendly and does all she can to accommodate your needs. The only draw back is not FHU but there is a dump site on locatation. We will be staying here again when visiting our daughter in the area. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.

question  question  yes  question  question  question  no  question  question  question
question  question  yes  question  question  question  question  question  question  question
Although the space was nicely sized, this campground was, well, awful. I called to make the reservation and asked about Internet at the site. She said yes, they have it but it could fade in and out. Well, there was none at the site. I had to get it in the office which closed early-ish, but was also available outside the office door. Sitting in the rain to get Internet was an issue. Also asked if there was a tornado shelter as Denver airport just had one and it was about 10 to 15 minutes away. She said the office was the shelter. However it closes at night so it's a shelter only during the day! This campground was extremely noisy with trains going by at least once an hour, including the middle of the night, all night. It is located about a half block from I-76 so the truck noise goes on all night. The place is not neat as it has probably 90% permanent residents which store junk all over the place. I would not stay at this 'campground' again, nor would I recommend it. I could stay elsewhere for the same or less money and I would. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
September 2011
Stayed 3 weeks due to work in the area and was the only reason we stayed so long. Majority of residence are just that, residence; monthly locals and traveling tramps staying due to work, like myself. (Large Rigs and Big Trucks). Lots of road noise from 136th street, Hwy I-76 and railroad tracks (10:00pm - 4:00am). During stay, RV Park sewer system backed up twice (flooding in park once), power outages throughout park, rude / grumpy staff, narrow sites, majority of sites full sun, barking dogs, sites packed with yard stuff (broken cars, clutter), Wi-Fi advertised but never could find signal, flies where out of control, pool filled in with dirt, laundry facility looked ok, limited 50 amp sites, large RV storage area that looks like a junk yard. Close to shopping, restaurants, hardware, grocery, fuel and easy access to freeway. Recommend one night quick stop, actually stopping at a truck stop for the night would be better. Rated 2 only because full hook up access, when the sewer worked! We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
July 2011
I give it a slightly higher rating due to the convenience to Denver and Boulder, fairly low price, cleanliness, new gravel, safety, and the fairly well stocked store. The staff is friendly, the laundry room is clean, they lock it now and use security codes - everything works. There are some Prevost motorhomes here, but mostly 5th wheels with big pick-ups all over the place. Vacationers, contractors, and long term full-timers, are in this park. I use earplugs at night, and don't mind trains anyway if they're far enough way, and this one is far enough away to not really be that loud. It's very convenient to the toll-road to Boulder or highway 7 or I-76. They just brought in big new gravel, so it's not too bad when it rains - just dodge the puddles of water. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Barr Lake Campground