Nearby Fort Collins, Colorado (Air Miles)
Discovery Center Science
1250 E Magnolia St
Colorado State Universit
Sams Club 4700 Boardwalk Dr (Located To Block)
4625 S Mason
Cactus Grill North
Cloverleaf Kennel Club,
Big Red RV
Sams Club 1200 E Eisenhower Blvd (Located To Block)
Summit - Loveland

4   1   8
question  question  question
question  question  question
August 2009
Really small. Not a good fit for large RV. Would try somewhere else next time. We camped here in a Motorhome.
May 2009
Worst RV Park ever. First, it's practically on Hwy 289 so it's super noisy. The only overnighter sites face the highway, and it's bright out, so you better have dark curtains. We knew this going into the place, but we were desperately tired and stopped anyway. The management was less than hospitable, and cranky. When I asked her if I could write a check she looked at me with an accusatory look and said "Is it any good?" When I asked her if she had laundry facilities, she said, "I got nothing! Just a place to hook up and dump. That's it." Going against our better judgment, we set up in one of the 3 overnight spots, and the electric hookup was a joke. It actually had old fuses instead of circuit breakers. We plugged into the box on our site, and there was no power. So we plugged into the one next to us and it worked for a bit. But the next morning the outlet was sparking, arcing and crackling (we weren't even running anything except the water heater and fridge), and when my husband went to go shut off and unplug, it sparked and almost started a fire up our RV cord. Our cord prongs are smoked. The park noise and the dumpy trailers there were bad enough, but that was the last straw. I went over to management and just told her we had to leave 2 days early. I did not say why out of fear that she wouldn't give me a refund. She kindly gave me my check back, which was nice. At $20 a night, this place is no bargain if they fry your electrical system. Stay away, and bite the bullet and pay for the pricier campgrounds in the area (we went to Johnson's Corner, 20 miles south, in Loveland). Fort Collins has squat in the way of RV parks, so the best you'll get is down the highway in Loveland, or maybe the state parks, which cost just as much as the parks, so why not go for the full hookups instead? Eeek. After 2 years on the road, we've never seen anything this bad. Boondocking at Wallyworld would've been much, much better. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
September 2007
No Showers or Restrooms which they do tell you up front. This is mostly a Mobile Home and Monthly Campground with only 2 spaces available for overnighters, the one we got was in a beautiful shaded spot, the only pull-through is part of a driveway with no shade. The park is very well maintained and the owners very friendly and helpful. Very close to town for shopping etc. They do not have any discounts, we got good internet and 4 tv channels via antenna. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2014

question  question  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes
question  question  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes
September 2014
Nice destination park for families but we don't use most of the amenities so it is an expensive place for us. We were not happy when told we could not put up a small pen for our two small dogs. They also wanted to charge $10 if our friend visited our RV. Will only stay here again if we can't find someplace else. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
First impressions mean a lot. Well, we got in 90 minutes early and they told me that we’d have to pay extra if we registered early. Check in time: 1 PM. So we decided to go eat lunch and come back at 1 PM. When we came back, I asked about firewood and they told me that it would cost $5 a day to rent a fire ring. I was flabbergasted! They have all these other amenities but NO fire ring? That’s what camping is all about! The Internet is slow at best. The cable TV is 12 channels. Beautifully maintained camp with level concrete pads throughout. The other amenities I mentioned are: pool, fishing, horseshoes, ladder golf, volleyball and basketball. So I guess it depends if you want to compare amenities. We won’t camp here again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
The staff was friendly, checked us in quickly and led us to our site, which turned out it had a hot tub on it. I recommend you look closely at the site descriptions on line as I did not realize we had signed up for this, though we did use it all three nights. The sites are level and large. Bathrooms are clean and the grounds are maintained, a little too well maintained. The sprinkler system went off at 1:00am, making a lot of noise and soaking our towels we had hung out to dry. A little warning from the staff would have been nice, though this was nothing more than an inconvenience as we found a spot for the towels away from the sprinkler. We would go back again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Fort Collins / Lakeside KOA

6   5   9   7   9   8   8   9   8
yes  yes  question  question  yes  question  no  yes  yes
yes  yes  question  question  yes  question  no  question  question
Nice camping along the Lake. Can get smoky due to campfires at all the sites. Campsites are very roomy; we had a nice shady one for late afternoon. Can be noisy at times due to traffic above you on the highway and the campground has a lot of families using the lake. We will stay here again, but we object to paying a day fee of $7 on top of the camping fee, then pay $2 for showers on top of that. Water is not available at each site and if you are in the sites further away from the water it will be about 1/4 mile away. Full hookup sites are $5 a night more but you don't have the shower fee and not much shade yet. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
August 2012
It's a nice campground. If you park on the side with the lake, people constantly cut through your site. The marina "renters/owners" that have slips on the lake are extremely rude! We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2012
A white knuckle challenge to get to! DO NOT let your GPS send you down CO RD 23!!! The park has full, elec/water, & elec only sites. Most are pull through. Very pretty. We'll stay here again. Some may find the separate $7/day vehicle pass excessive, but you still can't find a cheaper park in Ft. Collins. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Horsetooth Reservoir