206648 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Glenwood Springs, Colorado (Air Miles)
River'S Restaurant
Glenwood Springs
Glenwood Canyon Resort
2014-01-23 14:26:12
Glenwood Springs, Colorado

question  no  question  yes  question  yes  question  question  question  question
A mere four miles from a bit of paradise in the largest mineral pool - Glenwood Hot Springs Pool. The campground roads are asphalt, the sites are mostly pull-through gravel, and all are stacked up the hill that is this campground. All the entire campground is cut into the mountain, so the sites are narrow and have no grass. The trees shading our trailer kept temperatures pleasant, and I enjoyed a peaceful evening outside. It was pleasant seeing the Colorado River and Horse Mountain over the top of the trailers downhill from us. The interstate highway traffic noise is consistent, somewhat muted and not annoying, and did not disturb my sleep. Lots of outdoor activities surround the area. I will return. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
This is an OK campground, but seems dirty and lacks landscaping, etc. It is by no means pretty or peaceful. It smelled of trash while we were there, and the spot we were in was dusty and just seemed ill kept. A bit more cleanliness and landscaping would go a long way to make this a very nice campground. Also, the bathrooms had spiders in the corners, dust in the fans, etc. Although we enjoyed our stay and the host was very nice, it just seemed dirty to me. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
I would like to disagree with nearly all the negative things that have been said about Ami's Acres. Yes, it is on the side of a steep hill, but that is what makes it beautiful and gives every site a great view of the mountains and the Colorado River. During the day the noise from I-70 is loud, but at night it becomes white noise. The train doesn't toot its horn so it is a non-issue too. My one complaint is that I could not even get anything with my own WiFi hotspot and the campground hotspot is up by the office. And the owner is really nice and helpful and the campground itself is quiet. The biggest complaint from others was the water which we found to be quite acceptable and usable. I'd give it 3 stars and stay here again. Not 4 or 5 because of the lack of amenities. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Ami's Acres Campground
December 2013

yes (River)
no  yes  question  question  no  question  question  question  yes  yes
no  question  question  question  no  question  question  question  yes  question
December 2013
We were at the park in the middle of winter and needed electricity just to be on the safe side. It was cold and snowy and their electricity worked. The bathrooms were closed and did not use the dump station. Staff was okay, nothing good or bad. Not a good value to say the least. It is expensive for what you get. There were no other parks actually open in the area. We probably would not stay again. If we had tested out our rig for a few days before to make sure the electrical system was working correctly, then we just do not need $68 for electricity. We camped here in a Truck Camper.
First the good....close to the river and Glenwood springs. Water pressure good. Now the not so good....WAY OVERPRICED for what you get and calling itself a resort. Concur on all previous reviews regarding sewer, dusty, noisy. Pay up front, no refunds. I can see why. It is pretty here in the canyon, but it does not compensate for the poor sites. I normally do not go into the bathrooms, but wanted to see them for my review. Although fairly clean, very old in need of updating. We are full-timers, and see a lot of RV parks. I am fairly lenient on them, but due to the high price of this one, it did not meet my expectation of a reputable resort. We would not stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Another of those places that throw the word resort around and is anything but. First thing they do is check you in and once they have your money, provide you with a list of rules a mile long with the last rule being no refunds. This is basically another of what I refer to as gravel pits to park in with no appeal whatsoever. Charged $5 for the dog and my space was full of dog waste from previous campers. Water and electric were at back of the pad and sewer at front; take lots of hose. Water was leaking from underground plumbing at our site and had been for some time. There are river rafting tours started here and they use the campground to drive through for access. Sites are weedy and not taken care of. Some freeway noise; all sites are back in. There are four rest areas in this canyon; any of them will provide a better atmosphere than this place. Save your money and drive on by. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Glenwood Canyon Resort