206705 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Idaho Springs, Colorado (Air Miles)
Idaho Springs 115
Georgetown
Hotel De Paris Museum
Happy Cooker
Hamill House
Wal-Marti-70:252 952 Swede Gulch Rd (Located To Block)
Eldora Mountain Ski Reso
Colorado
Idaho Springs
Cottonwood RV Camp
2013-08-21 18:11:17
Idaho Springs, Colorado

yes (Stream)
no  question  question  question  question  no  question  question  question  question
The stream campsites are in the owner's front yard. The "Rule Sheet" you get is a page long filled with more don'ts than do's. Parking and turning around are difficult. We were told they only took credit cards, but upon arrival we had to pay cash. Unfriendly staff. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
I made a 4 night reservation at this campground for 2 adults and 2 dogs (Lab and Husky) in a 35 ft motorhome. The website stated: shaded sites with trees...near or on creek...leash free dog area. When we arrived we were pointed to a gravel parking spot with no trees, no shade, no grass, no dirt, no table...just a parking spot in between 2 other RVs with maybe 5 ft between each. The "dog area" was the side of a mountain almost impossible to get to. I did show the host the print out of his website and asked for a creekside site. He told us those sites are for people without pets and if we didn't like the spot we could just leave. So we did. This was also a cash only place which they did not tell us on the phone, and we would have had to go back into town for the cash. We will never stay here. We camped here in a Motorhome.
May 2013
The rate includes the sales tax, and had to be paid in cash. I might have driven on if I hadn't already been turned away from a state park campground that morning, the Thursday before Memorial Day weekend. The campground is in a narrow canyon and so neither my cell phone nor my mobile Internet router worked, but they gave me a pass code for a good strong Internet access, although slower than Verizon's 4G signal. I also asked for and got the spot next to the creek. It's amazing how much more restful a rushing creek is than traffic noise. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Cottonwood RV Camp

May 2013
This is a fairly clean park. I say fairly clean because of a few irresponsible dog owners. It's close to I-70, so there's lots of traffic noise. Sites are dirt or gravel, not level. Each site has electric (20 amps only) and water (only during summer). There's one dump. The dump's sewer connection is surrounded by metal rods, making use of a right angle sewer hose termination impossible. Staff are friendly and helpful. Verizon 3G data service download speed (kB/s): max 119, usually much slower. The restrooms are a few steps down from ground level; the floors were flooded. We camped here in a Motorhome.