219099 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Larkspur, Colorado (Air Miles)
Colorado Heights Camping Resort-19575 Monument Hill Rd
Larkspur
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Larkspur
2014-07-27 22:20:44
Larkspur, Colorado

question  question  question  question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
question  question  question  question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  question
I have been RV'ing for over 25 years and can say this was the worst place I have ever stayed. Check in took forever as lady did not know how to work a computer and had to keep re-trying. Only positive was escort to site, as it would be hard using map provided. Sites were so un-level that rear tires were a foot off ground and still not level. So many untrimmed trees that slide out could not be moved until I went out and cut limbs back. After moving rig two times and using all blocks I could find it did level up. Then came three days of kids running around in golf carts unsupervised. Kids shooting off fireworks when it was against campground rules. No one from campground was ever seen trying to stop kids from running wild. I have stayed at the YB park in Wichita Falls Texas and had a great time. This one, not so much. I will go out of my way by 100 miles so as NEVER to stay at this park again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
First, we are Huge Jellystone park fans. Have been for decades. The owners of this campground are super friendly and we enjoyed their hospitality. This campground just doesn't seem as groomed as others we have visited. The sites seem wedged into the sloping terrain, and heaven help you should it rain (a regular occurrence) as this place will get muddy fast. While there are a number of activities advertised at the campground, they do not live up to the Jellystone norm. Where most parks have a large common hall for movies and activities, this location has a caboose, which was much too small. While we did watch a VHS movie on their small TV, a movie on the big screen in my coach would have been a better experience. This park is famours for having a busy train track running along it's eastern edge. The trains never blew a whistle and were never a disturbance. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Easy to get to, right by the freeway, but not loud. It actually feels like you're in the forest even though you're in the middle of the city. Staff was friendly at check in and around the park. Biggest complaint and the reason I wouldn't stay here again, is the hills. Most of the sites appeared small and some would require backing downhill into your spot. The escort taking me to my site drove the golf cart up the huge hill so slow that just before I reached the top I lost traction and couldn't make it over the top, I had to back down the hill and come up with more speed to make it. Trees were so close in the spots that an awning couldn't be put out, but there is enough shade that it isn't needed. There wasn't a lot of choices in this area and this one was ok, would stay here again if we had to. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Larkspur