206669 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Barkhamsted, Connecticut (Air Miles)
Ski Sundown
White Pines Campsites
2012-08-29 14:25:14
Barkhamsted, Connecticut
August 2012

no  no  question  no  question  question  question  no  yes  question
no  no  question  no  question  question  question  no  question  question
August 2012
Very disappointing. Came here because it was only camp with vacancies. We can see why. Saw poor ratings online, called management, they said those problems were old and had been corrected. Not. Bathrooms dirty and mildew everywhere. Stall doors do not shut completely and no locks. Huge gaps in walls between stalls; you can see into next stall. Stalls so narrow they only fit skinny people. They gave us a "level" site that wasn't...even though there were many better sites available. A scheduled activity while we were there was Kareoke nite. From 8 until nearly midnight, loud amplified lousy singing could be heard all over the campground, with drunken yelling and cursing. We had young children trying to sleep, but were told the noise could be as loud as they like until quiet hours at 11. On the plus side, pool was nice, but crowded. Most campers here were seasonal. I would never stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2012
The most disgusting place I have seen. Mostly full time Hatfield / McCoy antique trailers. Bathrooms were ancient with plywood covering holes in the floor and broken windows. I wouldn't have used the showers if I fell in the septic system. Roads (if you can call them that) were potholes and boulders where you had squeeze through trees. You need to rent an access card to get back in the front gate after you leave. If the store is closed, you can't get in, even though the sign says access until 11pm. We found that out the hard way at 6pm. Luckily I have a Jeep and they have a poor fence. "Fishing pond" is 50 feet from the pump out. Avoid at all cost. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
July 2011
We had a family reunion nearby so I stayed here. Was only one night and we parked in the "field" area. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The field area is open, so it's good for satellites. Around the edges of the field are seasonal and some permanent units. People were nice: helping to pull some branches out of the way as I pulled up through to get to my site. Dogs were not on leashes and some "gifts" were left behind. The pool seemed very popular and the store was open with a good selection of food and supplies. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for White Pines Campsites