Nearby Bozrah, Connecticut (Air Miles)
Wal-Marti-395:80W;80 220 Salem Turnpike (Located To Block)
Kensington
Mohegan Sun 1 Mohegan Sun Blvd. Uncasville Ct 06382 860-862-8000 (Located To Street)
Naval Submarine Base - N
Lyman Allyn Art Museum
United States Coast Guar
Us Coast Guard Academy
Eastern Connecticut Stat
Wal-Marti-95:86 150 Gold Star Hwy (Located To Block)
Zephirine Boat And Breakf
2013-09-15 08:01:07
Bozrah, Connecticut
May 2010

8   3   1   6   8
question  question  question  question  yes
question  question  no  question  yes
May 2010
Nice campground with friendly staff. This is a older park, great entrance road. We didn't camp much, were out all day most days. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
August 2008
I am writing this review and sadly I never got to stay at this campground. We came to visit and checked the place out in July. We were looking for someplace to seasonalize our camper for the rest of the year. The campground was nice, they had a game room for the kids and an "adult room" which smelled moldy and looked pretty run down. Their store was terrible but despite that, the place was in pretty good shape and would have done for the rest of the season, until we could get into someplace we loved next year. We talked to the woman behind the counter to see if she had any seasonal sites available at the time. she said they didn't have any that minute but the beginning of August she would have a lot opening up. She asked me to fill out a card with my info on it and she said she would be calling me the beginning of August with the available site numbers. Well, the beginning of August came and went. I called, they said they could not find the card I filled out and retook my info. I requested a call back that day and never got one. So I waited another week and called again. They said they don't have a card for me? So, I gave her the info again, and she said she would call me back. Well, I called again this week and what do you think they told me? They can't find my card! So, they tried to retake my information for the 4th time, but to tell you the truth if they can't keep track of a simple card, I don't think they can possibly run the rest of the campground. So decided I would rather have my camper parked in my driveway than at a campground that was run this inefficiently. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
June 2006
The campground needs the office and check in area upgraded, when we got there we went to check in and there is no computer system it is all done on little pieces of paper and then they take you to your site and your hookups where 40' away from your camper so they go back to office and some extension cords and hoses and come back and give them to you we also requested cable and when we got there the site we had did not have cable. The rec hall or barn needed to be cleaned it had bird droppings all over the place and there was a dog there that jumps on the pool tables and ping pong tables. The activitys never start on time. The seasonals are not the friendliest people in the world all they do is drive from site to site on golf carts. We will not be going back there anytime soon. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Acorn Acres Campground

question  question  question  yes  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes
question  question  question  yes  question  question  question  question  question  yes
Attention Dog Owners! This is not a dog friendly campground. Dogs are not allowed to be walked outside except at the dog park. Dogs cannot be walked to the dog park from your site. They must be driven in your vehicle. Big rig back-in sites #40-50 are along a noisy highway with late night casino traffic. Optional large pull-thru sites (with 50 amp) #224-229 do not have black water sewer (grey only). These sites require navigating to the rear of the park along narrow, bumpy, dusty roads under low hanging tree branches. In this area satellite reception is non-existent. The park offers no cable service to sites. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We stayed here many years ago in a cabin when our children were smaller and had a good time. We are now seasonal campers at a nearby campground and attempted to stop in and visit with relatives that were camping there. We stopped in Saturday night around 7PM intending to stay for about an hour, but never made it past the gate. They wanted $50 for us to come in as visitors. That's $15 per adult and $10 per child for 1 hour of using zero of their facilities. My husband almost paid by pulling out his debit card when he was then told CASH only... We had $30 on us which would have been the fee with $5 each returned upon our leaving but they still insisted we would have to go to the ATM for the full $50. We left never having stopped in to visit. That has to be the most insane visitors fee I have even encountered when entering a campground. If we were staying for the day that would be one thing, but for one hour in the evening no and no we will never go back. We camped here in a Campground Cabin.
August 2012
We stayed for two nights midweek in the summer. We picked a site(167) far away from the highway so we had peace & quiet. Site was clean, trash is picked up daily. Lake with a trampoline in it is nice. Lots of stuff to keep families busy. Free wi-fi is a plus but it is very unreliable so don't plan on using it much. Verizon signal is poor, AT&T decent. I wouldn't say it's very resort-like but more like a nice campground. We would return although it's not one of the best values we've seen. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Odetah Camping Resort