206628 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Oneco, Connecticut (Air Miles)
Oak Embers Cg
New England Center For C
Campers World Of Ct
Jewett City
State Line Camping Resort-1639 Hartford Pike
Rpi- Ct Stateline Camp Resort (Resort Camperland) 1639 Hartford Pike East Killingly
180 River Rd
Connecticut
Oneco
River Bend Campground
2012-07-16 15:40:35
Oneco, Connecticut
June 2012

yes (River)
question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  question
question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes
June 2012
We camped here with 2 other families. There were 9 kids from ages 5-10. The good: Sites were big under tall pines in the area that we camped. This gave us great shade. We had W/E/S, and our site was relatively level with only a few roots around the big pine trees. Owners are very nice. Craft time was fun for the kids (free for 1st craft, $1 for the second) and the lady running it was very patient with my detail oriented son who took a long time to finish. Pool was clean, but got crowded. There is mining and panning available for a fee (I thought was reasonable), our kids loved this. Camp store was reasonably priced too. We camped within sight of the pavilion and the older playground. A second playground that the kids loved is closer to the office. This was in good shape. There was a nice level loop that the kids could ride their bikes around that was in sight of our site. There is also canoeing and boat rentals, as well as mini golf and a museum all for a fee, but we didn't do any of those things. The area that we were in had us in contact with only one seasonal trailer, and they were super nice to all of us. The bad: There was a group of tenters right next to the pavilion that had a pitbull. There is no policy on aggressive dogs. Front desk told me that they would keep an eye on it. I just kept a close eye on my kids! I have a dog of my own but would never bring her here because there were dogs everywhere with no restrictions on where they could go as long as they were on leashes. This may be good for some, but not all dogs can handle lots of kids running around nearby: like pit bulls. At the dance pavilion, there is a concession stand. After waiting in line, with no one behind us, we were told by a rude girl, that they were now closed. Bathroom toilets looked clean but had lots of cobwebs and spiders hanging around. (I know, this is camping in the woods, but this freaked my daughter out.) Overall, I liked the campground, but was really concerned about the big dogs around. I would definitely camp here again, but I will wait until after the season is over, and ask about the dogs. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
October 2011
We stayed here Columbus Day weekend which coincided with their Halloween celebration. This was a blast and virtually each and every site participated. Not much else to do here as far as amenities go, but they do have a nice fishing lake. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2011
Although this campground was rather small in size, we were very happy with our stay. It was clean, had enough activities to keep the kids occupied and the other campers were friendly. I encountered a problem with my septic being clogged and the Staff tried very hard to help me fix it. I am sure we will be back in the future. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for River Bend Campground