206622 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Rehoboth Beach, Delaware (Air Miles)
3 Seasons Rv Resort
Rehoboth Beach
Delaware Seashore State Park
2013-11-11 19:23:06
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware

question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes
question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes
Nice park with decent sized sites. As mentioned in other reviews, this is a cash only park which would have been nice to know before we got there. There is a no-fee ATM at the convenience store right down the street. The location was super convenient to several beaches, shopping, and restaurants. My only complaint is that the cable did not work unless we fed the cord from the box in through a window, which meant leaving the window open and it did rain while we were gone so we had a mess to clean up, but no water damage. The Wi-Fi never worked and they tried to tell me that it was my phone and Kindle that were the problem. I was able to get a connection on both when I left the campground and went to a public Wi-Fi spot. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2012
We stayed here as it is the closest campground to Rehoboth Beach. We weren't looking for a traditional camping experience, instead we camped as an alternative to a hotel. We were there to go to the beach. That being said we had a good stay. Since it was after Labor Day, the pool was closed. We kind of expected that but our kids could have enjoyed it. Our site was wooded and we asked for that. Many of the transient sites are out in the open though. Most of the sites are seasonal/permanent. The road through the campground is tight - I felt lucky to leave without hitting a tree and my TT is only 21'. Our site was sandy and not entirely level. A staff member helped me back in - no pull-throughs here. I used leveling blocks but they actually sunk into the sand. The sewer hookup was far to the rear of the site, and there wasn't enough of a drop so I needed to 'help' the black water make its way to the outlet. As I was preparing to leave I couldn't remove my sewer adapter from their connection. I ran to the office to ask for a strap wrench, and within a few minutes an employee showed up with a wrench. Staff was friendly and the campground is family-owned. We would stay there again. Only real negative was the cable TV - they recently re-wired everything and you can get a cable box for a deposit. The service would sometimes stop and an error message would appear. Don't know if this is something Big Oaks can control. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
September 2011
Mostly seasonal, small, oldish campground. Must pay cash & you never get an email or letter that they received your "check" for deposit. They never send or give you a campground map. Sites are very close. Difficult to get our 39ft RV in the site, even in the so called "big" sites. Has the basic amenities on a small scale. Staff is friendly. Store is full of confederate stuff, did not bother us. Bathrooms old, but clean. Parking is horrible in Rehoboth beach. Chose this campground so we could "ride our bikes to the beach." This ride is longer than they tell you. The bike trail is lovely, but once you hit the town, very difficult to ride to the beach. Wouldn't do it with small kids. We did it only once, then had to drive. Would check out other campgrounds in the area if we were to come to Rehoboth again, since the ride to the beach did not work. Just OK. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Big Oaks Family Campground

yes  question  question  question  yes  question  question  question  yes  yes
question  question  question  question  yes  question  question  question  yes  yes
Sites very tight. Can hear everything your neighbor is doing. No cable to speak of. Wi-Fi OK. If you're in to fishing this is the place to go. Mostly fishermen there. Good location to go the beach and outlets. Was there to visit friends. That's the only reason I'd go back. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Very nice state park near shore (across highway from beach). Very busy during summer season. Pull throughs with asphalt access roads; asphalt sites with sandy grass porch areas. Picnic tables, but no fire rings or grills. No shade. Sites fairly close together (around 10' between rigs) with max rig size probably 40'. We're 37' and had about 18" to spare front and back. Power good, water pressure good, non-threaded sewer. No WiFi, good cell signal (Verizon) with decent data transfer speeds. We will stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Sites are a little tight, but we only used this campground as a base. We didn't spend any time here during the day. However, the beach is right across the street if you wanted to spend the day here. For being full, it was surprisingly quiet even at night. This campground is basically a parking lot with full hook ups. It's a great price if you want a beach vacation. And, tons to do within 10 minutes of the campground. It was clean, and the camp host was nice and helpful. There's even a very small store with some basic stuff. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Delaware Seashore State Park