Nearby Fort White, Florida (Air Miles)
Slow & Easy Living Rv
Fort White, Florida

8   4   5
yes  question  yes
yes  question  no
Very old style Florida campground. More shade than you can imagine, heavily wooded sites. WIFI only in the main building which does not reach the campsites. This campground was extremely quiet because of the time of year, tubing season at the springs had not started yet so the campground was only partially filled. Hosts very friendly and helpful. We camped here in a Motorhome.
February 2010
This was a nice place with lots of tree cover, but the sites haven't been raked in a long time. Generally looked pretty run down, but my power, water, and sewer worked fine. Wi-fi was marginal about a quarter of the way into the park. It was very quiet, and there was only one trailer besides mine in the camp. This is off season, though, and I suspect things will get busy in summer as there is tubing and canoeing on the river. Picnic tables look very old and rickety, and fire ring was an old truck rim. I think it will be a good family spot to stay, but no pets allowed. It just had an unused rustic look to the place. We camped here in a Motorhome.
June 2008
Park is nice and wooded. Across the street from the head springs and they rent tubes and kayaks to float down and provide transportation for a charge. Nice store, they sell everything. No pool, cable, wifi. But nice to just camp if you want to float down the clear river. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
May 2011

10   7   3
yes  yes  question
yes  yes  question
May 2011
Very nice, had a great time. Lots of partying going on. Spring was beautiful. Probably needs the beer cans cleaned out. Would stay again. We camped here in a Tent.
April 2011
This park was fine: but frankly after seeing another (family) Ichnetuckee campground, I wish I would have stayed there instead, since it was in a more tranquil setting. This one is on the main highway, however it is the closest to the tubing area as you can get. The people were very nice and rented tubes/rafts on site. Very clean and spacious restrooms. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
February 2011
The campground staff was as nice as they could be. The campground overall however, was very shabby and rundown. My electric and water worked, however the cover on the power pedestal (wooden 4x4) was missing and the face plate was pulled away from the box. Kind of scary especially since it was pouring down rain when we arrived. Our site was reasonably level, but looking around I noted that we seemed to be the exception. Before we left, I walked up to the office (closed up tight during the off season) to have a look at the dump station. Glad I did, as it looked to be nearly inaccessible even for my 25' Airstream. I elected to haul my waste home rather than attempt it. This campground is probably full during the summer months, catering to the hordes of people wanting to go tubing on the nearby Ichetucknee River. There is a hand lettered sign at the entrance road saying, "For Sale by Owner." Perhaps that's why the property has been allowed to deteriorate to such a degree. Too bad. It's a beautiful setting and a great location. In any case, I doubt we'll be back. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.