Nearby Inglis, Florida (Air Miles)
Village Pines Cg

6   10   8   4
question  yes  question  question
question  yes  question  question
February 2013
Nightly rate is based on the weekly rate. This is a mobile home/RV park, however, unlike most the RVs are in a separate area. All new 20/30/50 amp utilities on sites with sewer/water and cable TV. Nice and quiet park with a lot of mature oaks and palms. Pool and laundry. Verizon phone and MiFi worked well. Crystal River is 8 miles south and Rainbow Springs State Park is 20 miles. We will stay here again if in the area. We camped here in a Motorhome.
February 2012
We stayed here of a total of two months and had a very enjoyable winter at Aurora Acres. Jean and Shirley were very friendly and helpful with whatever we needed. The security there is one of the best I've seen. The campground was clean and the yearly residents there were very quiet even the children were quiet. You never knew they were around. If you are looking for a quiet place to spend your winter,we highly recommend this place. The entire time we were residing there, there were never any loud parties and no one was wondering the park at night. I felt extremely safe there. The only thing they didn't have is a laundromat, which there are a few in Crystal River just down the road. We will be going back, hopefully next year to spend another winter at a wonderful RV park. Thanks again Jean and Shirley for making our winter such an enjoyable one. Hope to see you next year. :) Patty We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
June 2011
Stayed there last night and it was a very quiet campground. It seems to be a work in progress, but we sure slept well. In fact we slept in because it was so quiet. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Aurora Acres RV Park & Campground
January 2013

10   1   3
yes  no  no
yes  no  no
January 2013
You will all be glad to know that Big Oaks has new owners. My husband and I rented a cabin for 2 months but will probably stay for much longer. This is one of the last hidden gems left in Florida. I can swim in the pool, fish on the dock without a fishing license, canoe up and down the beautiful Withlacoochee River for free, shopping and dining are nearby, I can fish in salt or fresh water here and the boat ramp is free to residents. Happily, it's quiet, peaceful and affordable. free Wi-Fi, too. We camped here in a Campground Cabin.
May 2008
I was to stay at least a month, but had enough after 1 night, place was a joke. I personalty wouldn't have trusted the employees as far as I could throw them. I noticed drug activity and also a bar located on the campground where locals visit, Police were there twice during my stay serving papers to other residents and one was arrested. I had big rig and had to get on top to clear the power lines and trees. Was told there would be 50 amp but only 30 was there and water lines leaked badly needs lots of work. We camped here in a Motorhome.
January 2008
New manager and owner. The place needs a LOT of work. Very run down. The staff is nice and helpful. They are constantly working on the place. Nice location but too small of a park for my needs. They had a lot of permanent residences that did not contribute favorable to the image of the park. Didn't have any activities scheduled while we were there. Pool was closed for work as was the recreation room. The washers and dryers were a joke. I must say the owner and staff are trying to improve it but it has a long ways to go. I gave them a "3" because of the effort otherwise it would have been a "1". We camped here in a Travel Trailer.

yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
Friendly, well maintained in a country setting. Wi-Fi great. Easy access to salt and fresh water activities. Plenty of wildlife in area. Paved road, electric were excellent. A good value, no added fee's. Stayed 6 mos. The reason for rating a 9 is Walmart is 15 miles away. Website says it all. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
This is a wonderful park. My only reason for a 9 rating is that because the sites are grass/sand, it's hard to not track sand inside. The shower was spacious and handicap accessible. In Florida, if you are near water then the gnats/no see sums can be a problem for awhile at sunset and sunrise. That said they can also swarm for a few days now and then. We stayed for a night at the end of June and had no gnat/no see um issues at all. It was sprinkling when we arrived and then there was a bit of a breeze later on. But in the morning, no breeze and no bugs. We camped here in a Motorhome.
April 2013
This is a very hard review to write. I have been traveling to this area since I was a child. Having passed this extremely nice RV park many times before we bought our travel trailer, I had always said I want to stay there someday. The park is located with so much access to both freshwater and saltwater fishing nearby. We arrived late afternoon to set up the trailer. Our cousins lived nearby so this was a good location to visit them and enjoy the area. The restrooms, showers, pool, and park are very clean with nice large sites. Again from all appearances we were going to have a fantastic time!! Alas, nature had a nice little surprise for us.....Sand gnats or No-See-Ums. We were swarmed by these pesky little 'flying teeth'. I am saying literally swarmed. Before I had the RV setup I had been bitten in dozens of spots. The next morning I had little red itchy dots all over my legs and arms. This is very sad, as I wanted to stay here so badly. I feel so sorry for the park management as there is little, if nothing they can do to help the sand gnat problem. We checked out the next morning and moved inland about thirty miles. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for River Lodge RV Resort