Nearby Lake City, Florida (Air Miles)
4337 W Us 90
Lake City
Oaks 'N Pines RV Park
2014-09-24 19:36:08
Lake City, Florida

question  question  question  question  question  yes  question  question  question  question
question  question  question  question  question  question  question  question  question  question
We arrived during normal hours and not a soul to be found. The instructions outside directed us to chose an after hours site. Of course those sites are 30 amp! We have 3 a/c and July in Florida with our size rig we need all 3. We searched in our own and found a 50 amp site. 98% of this"park" are permanent residents. It could use a lot of maintenance, as in weeding and general cleanup. I did not feel secure here but exhaustion made me stay. Not a dump but darn close! We camped here in a Motorhome.
The rate reflects a late check-in and a 50 amp site. While agreeing with the previous posters we did find getting there at 3:00 in the afternoon just a bit confusing. The office is closed except for early morning and the sites they direct you to are 30 amp only. The outside temperature was 107 so we wanted a 50 amp site so we could run both a/c's. We called the office number and a young lady came out and directed us to the 50 amp sites (site #1). She said they get so few coming in during the summer, they don't keep the office open. The site was grass and fairly level. Water and electric were good. The one problem was the local garbage collection came in at 4:30 AM and they were anything but quiet. Other than that the park was quiet. It's easy off and on to I-75. We would stop here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Grass sites, quite level, and roomy. Cable was a bit fuzzy and Wi-Fi was slow, but usable. Very nice people in office. Noise from I-75, but manageable. Easy access off I-75 and the next exit north has about every chain restaurant you could want. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Casey Jones RV Park
February 2014

4   10   5   8
question  question  question  yes
question  question  question  yes
February 2014
This is an "old" camp ground, but it is reasonably kept up. It is an EZ in and out, but the road is in bad shape. Nice folks running the camp, but I think there are only 3 pull through sites that aren't taken up by settlers. (Not completely sure about that). This a place to stop for an over night when you really need to get off the road and there is no other choice. I wouldn't want to be there in a heavy rain, because I think you'd be up to your ankles in water. All that said, we would stay here again if push came to shove, and the price is right at 21 dollars..barely. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2012
We stopped here after being on the road for long hours, and it was easy. We arrived unannounced and paid for one night, only to realize we needed two nights. We were welcomed by an elderly couple who apparently are the owner/operators, and they made us feel like family! They assured us that we could stay however long he needed. This is a no-frills park, but friendly people and loving care. There is a Wendy's within walking distance and a gas station in front. A quiet and welcome oasis at the end of the day. I would recommend this little Mom & Pop park to anyone. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
July 2010
We stopped at this park as an overnight stop on a trip to Miami. It has very easy access from the freeway. The office offered a AAA or Good Sam discount which our rate reflects. This is not a park you would choose for scenic reasons and there is not much around it to do because a number of the businesses around it are closed (motel/restaurant/etc.), but it was quiet and adequate for an overnight stop on your way somewhere. The pull-through sites were level and grassy. There was cell phone coverage for AT&T and with an antenna up, TV channels were accessible. The office also houses a barber shop if you're in need of a trim while traveling. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for E-Z Stop RV Park

question  yes  question  no  question  yes  no  no  yes  yes
question  yes  question  no  question  yes  no  no  yes  yes
We have stayed here several times. First the good. It is very convenient to i-75 and to restaurants and shopping. That is why we stop here so often. However, we have seen it go steadily downhill and I think this may have been our last stop. Sites are getting more and more run down. There are lots of people who live here full time and they are not very welcoming of visitors. The 50 amp service did not work properly in our site. I had to let the water run at least 30 seconds before the rust cleared enough that I could hook up my water line. We were right next to the wifi antenna, but the wifi connection was so very slow that SpeedTest could not even get a reading. Needless to say, text based email was glacially slow, and anything with a lot of graphics was impossible. The grass was cut and the sites are level, but generally everything is in need of repair. That is a shame, too, because with the location this could be a very nice place to stay on your way to or from South or Central Florida. We camped here in a Motorhome.
March 2014
This is not the best place to stay. There are many beat up, old campers on site and kinda trashy, but is a easy in and out for travelers heading north or south on the interstate highway. Located close the on/off ramps and in the middle of lots of restaurants, etc. It was unfortunately waterlogged when we arrived (couple days of heavy rains, apparently) and we were directed to a site full of mud and giant puddle of water. It looked like better, drier sites were available but not offered to us. This is apparently an older park. The bath house is older, but was clean and warm. There are several other RV parks on down the interstate a bit further south. Next time, we'll use them instead. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
January 2013
Nothing wrong with the site, easy access for 40 foot rig, office in gas station was very unorganized. I didn't hear any noise from the road. I would stay here again if passing through. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for In & Out RV Park

question  yes  yes  question  question  question  question  yes  yes  question
question  yes  yes  question  question  question  question  yes  question  question
This is the 2nd time here as we forgot how bad it was the first time. This is love bug season and we could not even use the hose to wash the windshield. Told it costs too much to chlorinate the water. Neither my husband nor I can climb a ladder so we have to leave with bugs on the windshield. Water pressure is very bad. I guess because she doesn't want to spend a few bucks on Chlorine. Wifi did not work. I wonder how all the live ins deal with this. Will never stay here again. Not too many good campgrounds in Florida along i-10, but some are better than this. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This little park rescued me in a last minute effort to find a park. I had a nice pull thru site, and all the staff were very helpful with issues I had (both my equipment) at the site. There had been a lot of rain recently and the sites were a bit muddy but manageable. There was internet, but I think I needed to be closer to the office to use it. 4 washers and 4 dryers with sink and folding table. It was very quiet since it was a mile off I-10. The store had lots of things I needed, like detergent and an o-ring (which they gave to me free of charge). Good Sam discount. I would stay here again for an overnight but probably not extended stay. We camped here in a Motorhome.
March 2014
Some sites are paved, some are not. This is an old KOA in need of lots of TLC. RV sites are all pull thru. Restrooms and showers were clean. The reason I marked it as not kid friendly is because the rec room is not ready for kids. Perhaps a seasonal thing, but it was dirty and smelled musty. I wouldn't want to spend much time in there as is. The office hours are limited. If you arrive when no one is there, you can pick a site and settle up later. Don't know about extra charges if you come real early. We came when they were open so it wasn't an issue. There are lots of rules, and some are posted on the walls (not my favorite) but no odd rules. It is a shame you have to tell people to pick up after the dog or to not torment the ducks, but some people need to be told. The lady who checked us in was efficient and polite (and firm about the rules). No biggie. Could not get the Wi-Fi to work. Cable was fine. Water pressure was no problem, but we followed their instructions exactly to not use a screen or filter. Quiet park. Good for overnight. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Lake City Campground
April 2010

3   1   4   3   9   7   6
no  question  question  question  yes  yes  yes
no  question  question  question  yes  yes  yes
April 2010
Never Dunn's RV Park is 7 miles from I-75. It is a working farm with peacocks, chickens, goats and dogs. It is located on a dirt road and the campers are parked in an open field with very little shade. The whole place had an unkempt look, the bathroom was dirty and the pool is a block away from the camping area and you have to walk past a very unfriendly rottweiler to get to it. You can't go walking because every time a vehicle passes you are covered with dust. The only positive things going for it are the owners, who are very friendly and the colorful peacocks who come looking for a handout. If I gave this place a grade it would have to be a C. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
October 2009
This in all of our years of camping has the worst first impression of anywhere we have ever camped. Un-kept grounds, dirty swimming pool, dirty junky grounds, Very poor check-in, very poor upkeep. We camped here in a Motorhome.
February 2009
We camped here using Passport America. It was cash only and no receipt. We asked for a pull thru. We were directed to drive around the house and then to pull behind other rigs and "pull thru" the site we were shown. The laundry is standard house units (1 each) and you leave money in a box. The breaker boxes do not have breakers to shut off power to the receptions. The water is shared with a y and does not have back flow preventives. The sites are very narrow. The directions are poor and help is not given when you call, they just say "I do not know where you are". The hydro tubs are jetted tubs in the bath house. I would not stay again. There are many permanent residents here. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Never Dunn's RV Park
September 2014

question  question  question  question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  question
question  question  question  question  question  question  yes  yes  yes  question
September 2014
Stayed one night. Have stayed here before. Nice park. Owners show their pride in the park. Not terribly difficult to get in or out but there are some tight places for a large rig. Owners were nice and had no problems with them. Makes a nice transient park and they do have rallies here. We will stop again when traveling through the area. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Nice park. The grounds were well cared for. Sites were level and you were escorted to your site. Great dog run with grass and fencing. We camped here over night. Lots of restaurants to choose from less than 7 miles from the park. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
No problem navigating big rig to full hookup pull thru satellite site. Staff was friendly and guided us in. Wifi not so good, but good feel and LTE and cell reception. Nice area to frisbee with the dog We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Oaks 'N Pines RV Park
May 2013

2   3   2   3   8
question  question  question  question  yes
question  question  question  question  yes
May 2013
We stayed here for a one night stopover. The place is noisy. We stayed for the Passport America rate and my one big gripe is I think PA should mention in their add that there are almost 3 miles of Florida unpaved road to drive to get here. Not a place I would choose to come for a one night stopover again.Not a place I would choose to come after a big rain either as the lots are grass. We camped here in a Motorhome.
June 2011
The road in is dirt and very dusty. We may as well have been in the I-75 rest stop, as we were less than 100 ft from the interstate, very noisy. Grassy sites, all pull-through. Water is not recommended as is not great quality. Sites are barely level (we had 1 wheel off the ground to get level). Only good for an overnight if you don't have any other choices. The owner is very friendly and helpful. We paid the Passport rate. We camped here in a Motorhome.
April 2011
Not recommended. It is way at the end of a dirt road. Just enough room to pass another wide RV. Deep water troughs on either side. When you arrive, there is no one here to greet you! You have to call ahead and some woman, not the owner, shows up to collect the money. No other campers in sight! Isolated and buggy. The water was yellow. No cable TV as advertized. We got our money back and left. I'd be surprised if they stay in business. We camped here in a Truck Camper.
Display older reviews for October Bend RV Park