219883 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Milton, Florida (Air Miles)
4965 Highway 90
Pensacola Regional Airpor
Adventures Unlimited
850-623-6197
Montana'S Bar-B-Que And
Sams Club 1250 Airport Blvd (Located To Block)
3767 Gulf Breeze Pky (Located To Block)
Skopelos On The Bay
2014-07-10 01:25:16
Milton, Florida

question  yes
question  yes
Really nice and friendly staff. The surrounding were lovely. I would highly reccommend it to anyone. Clean, spacious, close to the beach too. We camped here in a Tent.
November 2010
This is a funky little campground that brings back memories of what Florida State Parks used to look like. It is located on Coldwater Creek at the Adventures Unlimited Outdoor Center. The loop road and sites are unpaved (read "sandy") across a short wooden bridge. Sites are spacious, private and level. The bathhouses are what I call "Maine-camp style", but were clean and well maintained. Nearby are the canoe and kayak rentals that this area is noted for (shuttles provided to Coldwater Creek and other area rivers and streams).There are also camping cabins, two bedroom structures on stilts, near the CG as well a a bunk house. This would be a good place for a family or group to stay together if everyone didn't want to camp. It is a beautiful area with lots of outdoor things to do (they have a ropes course and several ziplines), but it is basic: no frills. We loved it! We camped here in a Travel Trailer.

yes (River)
yes  question  question  yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes  yes
yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes  yes
A very nice park and easy access to I-10. We stayed here a week and the camp hosts were great. Everything was clean. We were here during the massive floods in Pensacola and even though many of the roads around town were flooded, the park stayed high and dry. We had a pull in River site and even with our 45 foot motorhome it had plenty of room to park the car behind it. The only thing I have against this park is it has a small pool and no spa. We camped here in a Motorhome.
I have mixed feelings about this park. It is lovely with a tidal creek and pond, marshland around, bridges and paths. The roads are paved and the pads are very level gravel. All is very neat and tidy. But the pads are VERY small, the picnic tables are not allowed on the grass and don’t fit in the small space next to the rig. It is in the way and we have to walk around it on the grass to get to and from the truck and it is difficult to open our storage compartment. I don’t think they thought about slides when they built this place, as the space is so narrow. There are few shade trees which makes satellite reception good. We didn’t try the cable. Wi-Fi is good most of the time but not all. Management was very friendly and helpful. Stores are quite a distance away. The location is convenient right off of I-10. I would come back for an overnighter. We camped here in a Motorhome.
March 2014
Very nice campground with pull-in sites overlooking a bayou. I could sit and watch the Pelicans dive for fish all day. The park is quiet, even being only a mile from the I-10 exit. Almost equal distance between Pensacola NAS and Eglin AFB. I would most certainly stay here again. Very nice. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Avalon Landing RV Park
September 2007

question  question
question  question
September 2007
This is an older RV park with huge shade trees. My motorhome and trailer combined length is near 70' long. I had no problem parking the entire unit. This park offers free Wi-Fi and was easy to use. The park is split into two sections. The front section is for short term use and the second section, which is older, seems to be for long term guests. The owner must be easy to get along with because some of his guests have been in the older section for a long time. If you intend a lengthy stay for sure you will want to clean your roof because of the large shade trees. Even with the large trees I was able to get a good dish network signal in my space. I have stayed at this park several times over the past five years and I would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2007
Awful. This is a Coast to Coast GNP and I've learned not to expect much from these but this one is really bad. The sites are crammed very close together. Your slides may touch. The campground is dirty and a lot of the campers look like they've been there for years. I would not consider staying here if it was free. We camped here in a Motorhome.

yes  yes  question  question  yes  question  question  question  yes  question
yes  question  question  question  yes  question  question  question  yes  question
Long level grass sites with a concrete patio. Adequate distance between sites. Grounds maintained very well. Continental breakfast in the mornings (coffee, packaged pastries, some kind of orange-flavored juice). Cable good. Wi-Fi undependable. Clean laundry ($2 wash, 25 cents for 10 minutes of drying) but it was really hot in there and was too small. Large clean pool with kiddie pool, nice playground, and miniature golf. Ice available for $2.68. Propane available. The private shower rooms were clean and had toilets and sinks; nice strong hot water supply. There is a clubhouse but it was being refurbished. Noise from I-10 was pretty bad as the park is right next to the highway. Pet friendly. This park would have been a nine except for a point deducted for the fact that you cannot turn left into or out of the park. You have to go north or south respectively to make a U-turn to come south from Highway 90 to come into the park or to get out of the park and back on I-10. No fun with a big rig. The other point deducted was for the $5 per guest charge to have visitors, even if all they were doing was to come by for a few minutes and not using any recreational facilities. But as they say, KOA stands for Keep On Adding. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
While this is a very nice clean park, desk staff needs improvement. We made reservations 3 months prior to check-in and they put us in the middle of two families having reunions and they were buddy sites (sharing of patio). They thought we checked out a week before we left because of a foul up on check in and the lady had no idea what was going on. I would not mind going back but I think I would approach reservations a little differently. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
March 2014
This was a stopover to Miami. It's off I-10. All connections were situated fine and worked without complications. Did not use cable/Wi-Fi/laundry or bathrooms. Office staff informed us of daily breakfast/bingo/, and other activities. Furry family enjoyed the off leash dog park, was not huge but a good size to exercise 2 large dogs. At our site, our door faced the campers next to us door without a lot of space in between, but was not a problem. Our site accommodated our 40' and 18' car hauler without hanging in the pathway. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Milton / Gulf Pines KOA
March 2014

question  question  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes
question  question  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question
March 2014
Park was clean and the staff was friendly. Grass sites were terrible when it rained. Drainage was non-existent. We had standing water for several days on our site. Sites are also very small. When we opened our slides, we were only 4 feet from our neighbor. Interior roads were in need of repairs at several spots around the facility. We will not be returning to this campground. We camped here in a Motorhome.
March 2013
Small older park near interstate 10. Road noise excessive at night. Narrow entry/exit road. Office and store looked worn and in need of update. Sites were narrow and provided limited storage of our tow dolly and car parking. Sites were level though red clay sand in the park causes difficulty in keeping shoes, dog paws from dirtying the motorhome. No cable TV and limited local TV station access was disturbing. Campground recently installed a fenced dog run that provided good exercise area for our Boston Terrier. Free WiFi was a plus. We camped here in a Motorhome.
January 2013
Stayed here one night on return to Texas. While it served our purpose, it is a little tired. The sites are grassy and were wet and muddy in some areas, tracking into RV. Biggest complaint was the road noise from I-10. Because the park is surrounded by trees, we did not realize it's right on the interstate. Probably would choose a different campground next time. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Pelican Palms RV Park