206705 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Sanibel, Florida (Air Miles)
J N "Ding" Darling
Lover'S Key State Recr
Costco 9414153809
1619 Del Prado Blvd S
Ariani
Sams Club 5170 Cleveland Ave (Located To Block)
Ballengers Seafood Restau
December 2013

yes  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  question
yes  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  question
December 2013
I spent 2 weeks here starting 6pm Christmas Eve. While setting up, Santa showed up in the bucket of a front loader visiting all the loops ended by hot apple cider in the center common area. How cool was that! I have friends that spend every winter here and was glad to finally join them for 2 weeks. Got a glimpse of life with the regulars; they were a nice group of folks called the 49ers. It's nice that the RVs are by RVs, not just filling spots that don't have park models in them. We had bikes and were glad because the beach is a longish walk. We did walk there New Years Eve, and several folks had bonfires on the beach and could see lots of fireworks over on mainland. The wireless was not very good at all. I ended up riding my bike with my laptop to the library (about 2 miles); they had excellent free network there. Don't miss the Sunday Farmers Market by the library! The campground was a quiet place but we were not by the birds, that might be noisier. The spots were sufficient size, did not feel like I was sandwiched between my neighbors. Nice new cement pads. The showers/restrooms were dated but very clean. The campground staff was always pleasant and helpful. Awesome chicken wings place right across the road; if you like hot, try Dead Parrot Wings! Little private grocery and liquor store right outside the gate was convenient. Took many long bike rides while here. Saw several alligators along certain of the trails (no real danger, was cool to see them). For the hearty, take the 32 mile ride to other end of the island but, expect the wind in your face on the way back. My reservation was absolutely correct upon my arrival. I absolutely loved the fact that Fido is not allowed in this park. I am weary of little Fido in the spots around me, I don't want to be Fido's friend and I don't want to listen to Fido "talking". I feel bad for Fido's owner, maybe just have a separate loop for Fido's RV. I can't wait to get back here again. Maybe stay even longer next time? We camped here in a Motorhome.
WE LOVE THIS CAMPGROUND. This was our second visit and it was even better than the first. It has a great location, great staff and great features. The big-rig sites are large and well maintained. The menagerie really makes this a special place for our kids. Where else can you enjoy dozens of tropical birds, water fowl and lemurs a few yards from your camper at $35 a night? Sanibel/Captiva are great, as well. Their participation in "Tents for Troops" only added to the attraction of this campground. We will continue to come here whenever possible. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Location says it all. RV sites are separate from the permanents, and they do have a few pull throughs. All the roads & RV sites are crushed shell, so plan on tracking a lot into your RV. There is some grass around the sites. Very little road noise even though the pull throughs are fairly close to the road. Electric was very steady. Water pressure did fluctuate at times but adequate. Wi-Fi was working very well until a couple of other RV's showed up with quite a few kids, and then the Wi-Fi pretty much died. Agree with the others that getting to the beach is quite a walk especially when the heat index is above 100. To go to other beaches in the area can be quite a drive plus $2.00 an hour to park. When coming onto Sanibel Island, it will cost $3.00 per axle. And if you leave the island and come back you will have to pay again. Over all, we had a good experience here and would come back. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Periwinkle Park & Campground