206654 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby St Augustine Beach, Florida (Air Miles)
Aruanno's
St Augustine Beach KOA
2014-04-10 15:01:22
St Augustine Beach, Florida
February 2014

yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
February 2014
It is what it claims to be. You are quite a ways from the beach but the campsites are nice and shaded. They are mostly sand sites with paved roads. Restrooms/showers were cleaned daily but expect sand on the tile floor. It is unavoidable in that environment. Very tight entrance gates that secure the park at night with a keypad code entry. Watch your mirrors. I would not really want to take a LARGE MH in there, it would difficult to get it in the campsite. My 30 footer was not a problem. If you want to camp in the Florida version of a wooded area this is it. We camped here in a Motorhome.
December 2013
Rather tight but fine for a small rig. Loops are in the woods but within 1/4 mile of the beach. Free air TV had about 20 channels. The site was dark at night, just the way we like it. Nice level lot with fire ring and table. A nice park overall. We camped here in a Motorhome.
November 2013
Nice beach. The CG itself is clean, and is divided into several small loops. Sites are pretty isolated and heavily enclosed by vegetation. So, you don't see much activity. If you want to camp in tight private quarters, this is a good place. I'd rather see some open spaces and activity. Your mileage may vary. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Anastasia State Park
March 2014

question  yes  question  yes  question  yes  question  question  yes  yes
question  yes  question  yes  question  yes  question  question  yes  yes
March 2014
Grass site, no patio. Cable TV didn't work at hookup time, waited over an hour for maintenance who drove by at least once during the wait. Then I was hooked to the neighbor's outlet. Pool has no heat, hot tub broke (I am told over a week). For that much money I expected better. The lady at the desk could use some people skills. Price reflects $198 that we paid for three nights including taxes. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2013
Nice park, clean and friendly. Located on busy section of A1A and it's a really long hike to the beach! Probably won't go back because we like to be within walking distance of the beach. It was just too far to carry all the chairs, coolers, toys, etc. We camped here in a Motorhome.
For $66 - I expected more. The only water front I saw was a narrow/muddy channel out back. The site was about 30' wide. A lot of permanents and numerous for sale signs. Wi-Fi useless, except at the office. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Ocean Grove RV Resort
2003

2003
This is an older park and not really geared for big rigs (40'+) although they say they welcome up to 45'. The streets are narrow and the majority of the sites used for nightly check-ins are mixed in with park models. You have to be careful which streets you turn down or you can find yourself stuck. The site we had had many anthills and soft dirt to set up on. But overall it's a quiet place, clean and residents are friendly to overnighters. I just would never bring my 40' coach here again due to tightness. We camped here in a Motorhome.
February 2014

yes  question  question  yes  no  yes  question  yes  question  question
yes  question  question  yes  yes  question  question  question  question  question
February 2014
Sadly we used this campground as an overnight stay, it is definitely a place I would go back to and spend a week. Good handicapped access, good access to restaurants, employees helpful... everything you would expect from KOA. The point of our trip was to deliver my parents from the polar arctic north to sunny Florida so the overnight stay was short. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
February 2014
This was our 50th RV Campground since we started our trip nearly 9 months ago. I was looking forward to visiting St Augustine thanks to some friends recommendations, And of course, it is the oldest city in North America. Our stay at the KOA was very disappointing from the moment I pulled into the campground. Our nightly rate of $67 was the most we had spent on our trip so far so I was expecting some pizzazz. Instead, I was greeted by an unhappy employee who did not want to help me and a campground full of 'Out of Order' signs. I paid a bit more for a 'premium' space, but the only thing premium was having a small 'wooded' area between you and other RV spaces. Our space was up front so we had lots of noise from the tour buses and other campers. Our picnic table and patio area was in disrepair. The space was very unleveled and there was at least a one-foot elevation difference. We had full hookups and surprisingly the WiFi was reliable (not enough for me to work on, but good enough for casual browsing). The cable TV worked, but the channels were limited (we did get two religious channels, including the infamous GOD TV). The 'play' area was pathetic, run down, and dirty. The laundry room had 20% of the washers 'Out of Order' and two out of the three dryers were 'Out of Order' our visit. The game room looked sad; half the machines were 'Out of Order'. It seemed you could not walk around the RV campground without seeing those three dreaded words, 'Out of Order'. The RV Campground is centrally located. You of course have to drive into the city but who would expect a RV Campground in a 500+ year old city? There were shops and food nearby. At the end of the day, our stay was pleasant. I could not imagine coming here again though and paying nearly $70 a night. This is a $40 per night RV Campground, not a penny more. Would I recommend this park? Not really. Would we come back? No. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We have stayed here several times in the past because we had very good, memorable, customer service; not any more. The gal at the front desk was beyond rude. Maintenance guy likes to weed eat near you, hitting you with rocks. When asked to please stop, he just looked at me and turned his back to me. The sites are very unlevel. We were in site 84. The full timers in the very rear of the park bring an unwanted element to the park. The rear park gate was never closed at night, so we didn't feel safe. The park itself is overall clean and well kept, maintained otherwise. Owners didn't seem to be present. Cost value for atmosphere is out of line. We will not be staying here again. We like it and the area, but can't excuse the rudeness and lack of concern for safety that is apparent. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for St Augustine Beach KOA