Nearby Tavares, Florida (Air Miles)
Footloose Resort Marina

5   8   7   2   5   5   3   6
yes  yes  question  question  question  question  question  question
yes  yes  question  question  question  question  question  question
September 2014
This was our second stay at this park. First, 1 1/2 years ago was pleasant. In the first hour we were given 3 different sites. No. 104 to narrow (between lightpost & row of shrubs) to fit our 41 ft. class A. Also not a level spot on it. Site 106 we backed into, tried to level but even with boards could not level (front wheels were off the ground). Opened slides and started doing our home routine. Hubby comes back inside to say we don't have 50 amp. Site 79 had a concrete pad & patio so we went through routine again. Last thing we do is hook up cable tv. Guess what? No cable on this site. Since we had paid $80.00 deposit they came out and strung a cable three sites down to hook us up. When we arrived I told them we would be unable to stay the 7 days we'd planned. She said she would issue a credit for the remainder but she hadn't had a credit sale that day and she would have to wait until she had a sale to credit our account. This seemed very strange to me but I told her I would check back the next day. On the 4th day of our stay they had a sale and I received our credit. Still think this is strange. Used the laundry and was not happy with the condition of the washers. The rim around all 4 openings hadn't been cleaned in a very long time. There is no sink in laundry so couldn't clean myself. What we have discovered is they have sold most of the park to a developer and I think that is the area they are not doing any maintenance on. The park was 3/4 empty and we could have been assigned a site that is used in the winter for long term use. They are level, full concrete, look like newer electric boxes and probably have cable. We stay here because it is very close to relatives. If we stay again we will drive around, find a site and request that one. I advise you to do the same. We camped here in a Motorhome.
March 2014
Passport friendly. We picked our own site, up the hill for a nice view of the lake. Pool and rec room was clean. Showers available at the pool. Laundry reasonably priced. My only dislike was the sewer hookup was uphill from my rig. There was also not a lot of events for kids or a playground. There is a very nice park within a mile of the campground and downtown Tavares has an excellent park and nightlife scene. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
February 2014
Easy check-in. Sites we were sent to look at all had broken sewer hookups. We stayed at the top of the hill where the view was very nice. We would come back here, but we would hope that the owner would do more work on the infrastructure. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Fisherman's Cove RV Park at Lake Harris