219883 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Venice, Florida (Air Miles)
4150 S Tamiami Trl
Rambler's Rest RV
2014-04-09 23:45:42
Venice, Florida

yes (River)
yes  question  question  question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes
yes  question  question  question  question  yes  yes  question  question  yes
March 2014
If you like rustic, this is better than a 5. That being said, it was hard for us to get passed the dust and ruts in the narrow 3/4 mile drive into the campground.And, be extremely aware of overhanging tree branches. The poor fellow who camped next to us lost his awning. The sites are somewhat small and just grass, but mostly level.The restroom/showers are adequate.We found the staff good natured and helpful. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
December 2013
Seems like a RV park on the downhill slide. Worst water I ever encountered, hopefully doesn't have anything to do with the site waste water treatment facility. One guy said the whole town of Venice has bad tasting and smelling water, so who knows. It literally tastes like pond water. I'd say this park is barely big rig friendly. Careful of low hanging trees the entire 1/2 mile trip to your campsite AND within the campground itself. Some of these thick branches can cause some major damage and I'm shocked they haven't remedied the problem. It really shows the laziness when that they can't take a small amount of time to trim up their tree branches. Also be ready to have your fillings shook out from the huge potholes in the road if it rains prior to you arriving or leaving. They charge way too much. Wi-Fi is about a 3 out of 10 and comes with many limitations. There are better parks in the area, just search slightly further out, it will be fine because not much to do around Venice anyways. Won't be back. Rate reflects monthly. Stayed here in a motorhome. We camped here in a Motorhome.
March 2013
This park is a real camping experience with all the conveniences. The sites are quite large and the back-in sites on the river are very nice. The site has several Wi-Fi access points but the service seemed slow and spotty. We learned before leaving that the access point closest to us had accidentally been turned off. You get 6 hours per day for free or can pay extra for high speed. We did both but didn't notice much difference. Our only negative comment is the dust caused by none of the roads being paved or gravel. If you are in an area with lots of traffic it would keep you busy cleaning. We would stay again if in the area. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Camp Venice Retreat
20?
February 2011

February 2011
We found this place looking through our Camp Club USA book. While it's mostly a mobile home park, they have sites set aside for RV's at the front of the park next to the street. That said, I was surprised that traffic noise wasn't a problem for us. I'm not 100% certain but I don't think they allow pets so if you're a pet owner, call ahead. Finding someone in the office can sometimes be a bit of a challenge but if you're just looking for an affordable no-frills place to park your RV in Venice, this place just might fit the bill. Of all the towns in Florida we have been to, Venice is the cleanest town we've seen. One day while driving the five miles to the beach to hunt for fossilized sharks teeth, I counted ten pieces of litter -- nothing big, candy wrappers, etc. It's a tidy town of tidy homes and Florida Pines Park is no exception. If it is possible to be too clean, this park may have found that level. I felt like a slob when I kicked my flip flops off like I always do next to the steps before going into our RV. Driving around the park, there is very little ornamentation outside the mobiles. You won't find a lot of tiki lights and stuff cluttered around RV's and mobiles here. Venice is a lovely town of really friendly people who will actually let you out in traffic. Smoking and dogs weren't allowed on any of the beaches we visited. Speaking of beaches, they are beautiful. Some of them are a little rocky but still lovely. The first time you reach down and pick up a whole fossilized sharks tooth, you will remember that feeling for a long time. The ocean is a gorgeous turquoise and watching the dolphins from the wharf was perfect. All in all, Venice is one of my favorite towns. If you're tired of litter and stepping on dog "bombs" left on beaches by lazy owners, Venice could be one of your favorite towns as well. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
February 2014

yes (River)
yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  question  yes  question
question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  question  yes  question
February 2014
The manager made us feel very welcome. The park and its facilities are very clean. This park includes year round residents and transients. We stayed here 10 days. Lots of things to do in the area. We would stay again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
April 2013
We love this place and it seems to get better every year. We had a nice pull through and plenty of space. Buildings are a little older, but very well maintained. Lots of seasonal sites but all very nice and no issues. We were scheduled to arrive at night, but broke down on our way and didn't make it until the next morning. The woman in the office was great and didn't even charge us for the night we missed, even though we arrived at 10 AM. Nice pet park and really cool island walk area. Close to North Port and beach. A bit far off interstate, so might not be perfect for overnight stay. Kids enjoyed the pool. We camped here in a Motorhome.
February 2013
Outdated park and very expensive. Most parks around the SW of Florida are in the $40 to $50 dollar range and have lots of amenities and showers and so on.This park charges too much, the Internet kept shutting down, and the site we were given had the marsh/swamp behind it , which the lady said was one of the better views. NOT! Does not look like the KOAs anywhere else.$89 a night was outrageous ,but we were very tired and had to stop. Unless you don't care what you spend there are other parks down the road much better. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Myakka River RV Resort (formerly Venice / Myakka River KOA)
March 2014

question  question  question  yes  question  yes  question  yes  question  question
March 2014
We have stayed her in past years while visiting friends in Venice. Very accommodating office help. PPA operator told us we could not get 50% rate, but park gave it to us. Only negative to this park: 1 - It is not set up for big rigs; 2 - roads require close attention to maneuvering, and 3 - appears subject to flooding in certain areas. We would highly recommend this park and will use in future. We camped here in a Motorhome.
March 2014
I drive a 40' motorhome and tow a small trailer for my motorcycle. I asked for a pull-through lot for a week. "We don't have them" was the reply. I subsequently found they had several, but that is another story. We reserved a place on line and checked in midday for a week. I knew when I had to ask someone where the office was we may have a problem. There were no signs directing visitors to the office building until well after we arrived. Payment was in advance via credit card. Problems arose right away. No one escorted me to my site. I had to follow a shaky line drawn on a map of the park. The roads within the park are one vehicle wide. Driving an 8' wide vehicle that is very heavy with a wide turning radius in these narrow streets lined with trees and palms was challenging. I got to my assigned site (C-58) and got parked by dropping my trailer on the street, and backing in to the space. I noted only a 30 amp connection on a rotted post even though I specifically asked for a 50 amp service. It was only then, after I had been hooked up to water and sewer and electrical that the wind shifted, and I discovered what the facility was across the street. It was the sewage treatment facility!!! Since there were campers in close proximity to me, I thought "How bad can it be?" "If they can take it, so can I." Then the sewage sucker trucks started to arrive. Huge sewage haul trucks sucked sewage from the facility day and night for the next 3 days making incredible noise, stench and dust. After the truck parade din started one morning at 0645 I complained to the office in person. I got a polite apology from the lady behind the desk who added I was welcome to find another spot for my coach. No offer to find a spot for me; no offer to refund my payment, no explanation of why it was necessary to subject the guest to this awful mess. No other campers are anywhere near me now. They have moved out over the past few days to other parks and destinations. The seasonal residents are not pleased with the situation either according to those I have spoken with on the street and in nearby yards. I suggest that until this facility gets its act together, transient or short term campers with motorhomes find other accommodations. We camped here in a Motorhome.
March 2014
When we arrived office was closed from 11 to 3 for training. Their whole power distribution system needs updated. We were having low voltage trip outs on our surge protector during cooler times. When maintenance was contacted said we could move but, it was happening all over the park and said it was Florida Power and Lights issue because of not providing enough power. When we did get to our site the 50 amp breaker would not reset. Also water was shut off and was not told at time of check in since office was closed. Roads are very narrow and hard to move around. When it did rain several roads flooded as along with some sites. Many extra charges for the price you pay monthly during peak season. For example a laundry card, on site post office box, cable, and WiFi. Also, you pay extra for electric if you stay longer than 30 days and we did not know that at time of check it until checking out. The dumpster kept jamming up and over flowing and instead of getting an extra dumpster they just used a wood sided wooded trailer and it over flowed several times with trash on ground. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Rambler's Rest RV