206876 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Yulee, Florida (Air Miles)
Brett'S Waterway Cafe
Bow & Arrow Campground
2013-12-23 04:13:37
Yulee, Florida

December 2013
I have camped in this area on many occasions when I visit Amelia Island. I have usually past it by because I was not familiar with it as it has never been reviewed on this site, and it is not very convenient to Amelia Island. On this occasion I was staying in another campground and it was dirty all around so I went over to check out this campground and was pleasantly surprised. We only stayed here a short while but overall the grounds were clean, sites fairly level, generally quiet and most importantly to me, the showers and rest rooms were spotless. The campground is inhabited by mostly permenant residents but there are many sites that are available for transient campers and a lot of them are pull through. It has a pool but it was too cool to check it out. My one gripe is that it is a bit far for me to go to Amelia Island and Fernandina Beach but the price is certainly reasonable ($420.00) for the month and it is clean. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
December 2013

question  no  question  question  question  question  question  yes  yes  question
December 2013
Perfect midway point for us traveling from Orlando area back to NC. Staff very friendly and accommodating. Older campground with extra long sewer lines needed for sewer hookup. Sites really close. Pet friendly with trails and a lake. Great location right off the interstate without noise from the road. Some rundown, permanent sites there but for overnight, had everything we needed and price was GREAT! We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2013
The name of the campground has been changed to Horne Lake. The campground is quite run down and not big rig friendly. It has been a very long time since Good Sam has visited this place. We camped here in a Motorhome.
February 2013
Good enough as a one night, in and out. Very easy access. Right next to the ramp of I-95 exit #380. Two miles from GA line. Spaces are little narrow, but plenty long enough to avoid unhooking. The sewer location is so far to the rear of the sites it might be easier to us the dump station on your way out. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Horne Lake RV Park (formerly Osprey First In Florida RV Park)

yes  yes
yes  yes
If you want to visit the area of Fernandina Beach, then this is the most convenient place to stay. Fort Clinch is closer, but it is very difficult to find a spot there during the summer months and at times you are overrun with Mosquitos. The spots that are held open for transient guest are fairly large and lever and it does adjoin Lofton Creek that has a boat ramp and dock area. Other then that the campsite has no other amenities to offer. I think the manager attempts to keep the bath and shower area clean but it is old and difficult especially with the permanent residents continually dragging in mud and dirt. Notwithstanding, until there is a better alternative, this is the best place to stay if you want to visit the Fernandina Beach area. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
August 2010
We paid $150 because we stayed a week. The absolute only reason we stayed here is because we wouldn't be at the campground only to sleep. The location is perfect for Amelia Island. We visited family there and thus were not at the campground during the day. It is filled with permanent RVs. They do not keep their sites neat or clean. The host was very friendly and actually mowed the grass while we were there. It was very long when we arrived. A very rough, dirty road. The sites are on grass. Easy on and off of Hwy A1A. A quick overnight stay is the only reason we would return. We camped here in a Motorhome.