220505 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Acworth, Georgia (Air Miles)
Wal-Marti-75:269 2911 George Busbee Pky (Located To Block)
Kennesaw State College
Costco 7707943362
Kennesaw Mountain Nation
Grazie A Bistro
Shilling'S On The Square
Wal-Marti-75:261 1785 Cobb Pky S (Located To Street)
Southern Polytechnic Sta
American Adventures
White Water American A
101 Market Place Blvd
Food Merchant
Sams Club?I-75:265 150 Cobb Pky S (Located To Block)
La Strada - Marietta
Acworth, Georgia

7   7   8   7
yes  yes  yes  question
yes  yes  yes  question
This is a convenient COE park to I-75 if traveling through Georgia. Most of the sites have leveling issues even though they are on asphalt. We were stopping for an overnight and to avoid evening travel through Atlanta. It is only about 25 miles north of I-285 & I-75. We stayed on a Friday and were able to get in without reservations. Water pressure was good. Electric was very good. Watch out for ants and be sure to spray tires and supports. We battled ants for days after staying. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
We stayed here for a night stop over. The facilities had many unused sites, but as they were reserved, we were given a site #2 near the entrance and close to the road. They have the cleanest bath houses I have seen in any COE parks. The only possible big rig site would be #1 or #2 as they are level and easy to back into. Most of the sites are on a hill of some type and have a slant entering the site which would place a long vehicle on a slope. I would pass on this park and go a little further into the lake area if I were going to stay for several days. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
This place is nice, clean, and shady. Bathrooms were clean. Staff...well 1 couple was very friendly and nice; however, the other couple was not friendly, rude, and just plain hateful. Also they lock the gates at 10:30 at night til 7 am in the morning. If you need to leave or come in during that time, you have to park across the street and walk in. This is unacceptable. Other than the rude staff and locked gates, it was pretty good. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Clark Creek North COE
August 2011

no  question
no  question
August 2011
There are so many things wrong with this place. The gate is broken. There is trash everywhere. The restrooms are nasty and supplies are never available. The office manager is a disorganized and very rude person. We paid $600+ for a month and a week which was not recorded properly and I received harassing calls and then when provided the receipts there was no apology just pure rudeness. Also, our window was shot out while we camped there. It was a disaster and NOT WORTH A PENNY! We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
March 2011
This park was very confusing, you couldn't tell where the roads were or the camping spaces. We kept in circling trying to see the camp site numbers...they were on the back side of the water stump. So you had to get out and walk up to the sight to see what sight you were at, no pads or much gravel. The campground itself was a hill and all the grass was grown up. Trash was everywhere, no garbage cans. There were full timers there with a wight lift bench that was all rusted. When we went to talk to the lady who checked us in, She became hostel and slammed things around, she was very rude. When we called for reservations they never answered the phone...it took many calls. We only stayed one night and went to the COE park down the road. I would not recommend this campground to anyone. We camped here in a Motorhome.
March 2008

March 2008
Actually I did not stay in this campground. A friend wanted me to check out for him. This place is a REAL DIVE, cars up on blocks, what was left of the road in the campground had huge potholes in it, lots of trash and lots of seasonal RVers with rundown RVs. Overall really run down. I would not recommend anyone staying there. We camped here in a Motorhome.
June 2007

yes  yes
yes  yes
June 2007
Nicely shaded well manicured sites with level pad for outside cooking and or tenting. I-75 does cross over front entrance to park and sites 1 -29 noisy during the day hours. Park attendants are hit or miss regarding hospitality. Some are overly friendly and others are down right mean. We have camped at this park for 7 years now and love the convenience of local new built Publix grocery store on hwy 41 a mere 2.5 miles away. Only major complaint is that front gate is locked at 11:00PM with no exit until 7:00AM. This makes it very tough. They should combination lock the gate. I guess I should be glad for the security right? Some of the lower number sites are small but in no wake cove of lake Alattonna so boats at Blockhouse day use don't jeopardize safety when swimming. The park is controlled by the Army Core Of Engineers Mobil, AL division. Reserve USA is now sub contracted out and what a mess. Much better last season. Ugh!! Anyway nice park and don't let I-75 scare you. Its still very nice and will continue to camp there for years to come. We camped here in a Motorhome.
May 2007
Campground is beautifully shaded with most sites on the water. Restrooms are well maintained and camp hosts are very accommodating. Sites have picnic tables and grills, nice level paved sites. BUT, it seems this campground was developed before I-75 put a bridge over that section of Lake Allatoona. The high level of noise from cars and trucks crossing the I-75 bridge can be heard in every section of this campground. Even when we were inside our rig with the A/C on, we could hear the roar of the traffic all night long. It’s such a shame as this is a beautiful campground. We camped here in a Motorhome.

9   7   8   4   4
yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
The rate reflects a senior discount. We really liked this campground. We were not on the water but had a very comfortable, shady, and level spot near the restrooms. The hosts checked on us regularly and even with the campground mostly filled, it was very quiet. The restrooms and showers were spotless. We will be back to this campground. We camped here in a Motorhome.
May 2011
Great waterfront sites, but no shade. It's not the campground's fault. Campsites are close together and the 2 times we've camped here, we've noticed lots of young families. This would have been perfect when our kids were younger. Even my daughter, 13, loved the beach. I just prefer a little more privacy/distance from our neighbors and shade. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
May 2010
We enjoyed the campground. The good: sites close enough to the lake to park your boat, bathrooms somewhat clean, sites level, hosts VERY friendly. The bad: no shade (not campground's fault, pine beetles), bring EZ ups. We'll be back! We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
Display older reviews for Payne Campground COE