206534 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Americus, Georgia (Air Miles)
Grand Dining Room - Amer
Brickyard Plantation Golf Club & RV Park
2013-10-25 20:40:50
Americus, Georgia
October 2013

question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes
question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes
October 2013
We were looking forward to staying here for as few days and playing golf but I require wi-fi in my RV at my site. When I called the manager told me they had a “hot spot” but may be able to get connected if I had the right site. When I arrived the manager led me to the prime spot but I could not get connected. I thank her and moved on. The park looked about 10% filled and the golf course appeared to be a nice one. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2013
We have been here two years in a row for the golfing and bluegrass festival in mid October. The golf course is 27 holes and a bargain (Included in the price of parking as long as you don't use Passport America). I guess that the hearty snow birds spend the winter here. All in all a nice park for the money with a nice golf course thrown in for free. Close to Plains, Georgia so you can go see Jimmy Carter's little town and his residence and childhood farm. On Sundays you can go to Sunday School where Jimmy teaches the class. We'll be back next year. We camped here in a Motorhome.
April 2013
The park is in a nice setting but is still under construction. Some sites were all grass and some had very narrow gravel lanes to park on. Because of the rain we were directed to a gravel lane and told not to get off the gravel because we'd sink like the unit next to us had. It was extremely wet and there were a lot of mud mounds (crawfish-like mounds) all over which created a muddy entrance into the coach because they couldn't be avoided except by walking with extreme care. The gravel lane was very soft and our jack pads were the only saving grace. Pulling our toad in and out of the site felt like we were dragging it rather than it rolling freely behind the coach. There were no picnic tables or fire rings. Dirt had settled above some of the utilities and created a tripping hazard. The sewer connection was capped by an unglued "glue on plug" with a single ceramic drawer pull that made it nearly impossible to get the cap off. Our friend's connection was off the ground at least a foot. The non threaded pipe required a donut but we couldn't keep ours in the pipe so standing on it was the only recourse. If it had been a foot off the ground we would not have been able to dump. The final jury is out on this but given the still under construction state it is way over-priced. We've stayed in much nicer parks for less money. If we were going to play golf it might be worth another try but for a single night it is way too high priced. We camped here in a Campground Cabin.
Display older reviews for Brickyard Plantation Golf Club & RV Park