206485 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Bremen, Georgia (Air Miles)
1011 Alabama Ave
Flying J
Maple Street Mansion
Welcome Center
I-20 Mm1
State University Of West
West Georgia College
600 Hwy 61
Rest Area On Al I-20 At Mile Marker 214 Unverified.
1301-A South Park St
Bremen, Georgia

yes  yes  question  question  yes  yes  question  question  question  question
yes  yes  question  question  yes  yes  question  question  question  question
March 2014
We had a 3+ week work project in Carrollton, so booked a site for a month. That brought our nightly rate to $12 (YOU CAN'T BEAT THAT!). The owners were there to check us in (very nice folks) and offered us the Wi-Fi (for $5+ a month) and the satellite box rental ($1 a day) which we took advantage of. We stayed in site #59 at the top of the hill, just a few spaces off the main entrance. It's been great. We have received a Fed Ex order here, we can ship out our completed work reports via the mail box at the entrance. We don't have children but we has enjoyed seeing all the different critters here; macaws, peacocks, desert tortoises, alligators, pot bellied pig, and even feed the rabbits carrots. :) We can ride our bicycles around the paved driveways. The only thing that's a bit "different" is the layout. Because all the sites are pull-through, all the driveways are 1-way. So, you need to circle the entire park to get to your site. But that keeps folks from parking every which way. The spaces are not cramped, but certainly not as spacious as a state or county park would be. Convenient? You betcha! And we would stay here again - in a heartbeat when working in the area. Even if only for a night or two. AWESOME place if you have children. We camped here in a Motorhome.
March 2014
We used Passport America discount. We arrived and did not realize it was not valid on Friday night. When we called ahead, we told the receptionist that we use PPA. She did not tell us it was not valid for the Friday night, but they did give us the discount price. Otherwise, we were going to leave. A lot for the kids to do. There are McCalls, alligators, rabbits, and turtles. It is a great place set up for kids to enjoy. Very clean and people are very friendly. Would go back on Passport rates, but could get expensive at just a quick overnight stop. Lot of people are using the park and a lot of kids. That is what they are attracting. They are updating a lot. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
January 2014
I rated this place low for several reasons. We came in for my husband to work in the area. He only wanted to pay for 3 nights until he was sure he had the job, then we would switch to monthly. I explained this to the owner's wife (she checked us in). At no time were we told that switching from nightly to monthly would require us to move. I found that out when I went to pay for a month (they did apply the 3 paid nights to the monthly charge). We also paid $5 for a month of wifi, which was either unavailable for long periods or interrupted constantly. We also paid for Direct TV at $1 per day. On getting to our site, we realized that there was no way to screw our sewer hose into the sewer pipe. When we asked how to seal the connection, we were told to just push our sewer hose into the hole, which is very unsanitary. Their laundry is decent, but the dryers require 2 cycles (at $1.75 per) to dry a minimal load of towels or denim. After several days, my husband received a call to go to a different job. I asked at the office about a refund, only to find out that they do not normally do this. There was nothing on the website or in the office stating that there were no refunds. The owner finally did refund a minimal amount of our electric deposit. Basically, we paid for a full month, plus paid for wifi & Direct TV & only received about 2/3 of our electric deposit back. We stayed a total of 9 nights & that amount of time cost us $386.79. The office staff consisted of camper folks, & they were all quite friendly & helpful. They are the only reason that I rated this park with anything more than a big zero. We will not return to this campground. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Yogi Bear Jellystone Park