206564 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Richmond Hill, Georgia (Air Miles)
Roberts Truck Center 15 2 0
7805 Abercorn St
Southbridge Golf Club
Wormsloe State Historic
Bacon Park Golf Course
Sams Club?I-516:3 3609-A Ogeechee (Located To Block)
Elizabeth On 37Th
March 2014

yes  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes
yes  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes
March 2014
I was planning on a no-frills space and that is what I found. We stayed here for one night as we were passing through. The site was spacious, but there was no pad or gravel so we parked the RV on the dirt. I let the toddlers and our dog run around until the bugs started to attack, then we pulled back into the RV where we watched bug after bug try to break in over the next few hours. I had only expected Electric hookups, but was surprised to find a water faucet. Not surprisingly the water pressure was next to none. A spilled glass of milk has more water pressure than the faucet here, but hey, it was a bonus right? The cost to stay here was $30 a night, which seemed a bit steep but acceptable. The other surprise we found was that GA state parks charge a 'car pass', which is $5 per visit. If you are staying here a week, its $5 which helps spread the cost. In our case, it was one night making our nightly total $35, which is what some regular RV campgrounds charge. I cannot really knock this place though, it was beautiful and quiet. I did enjoy our stay, sans the bugs. Would I recommend this park? Yes. Would we come back? Yes, probably . We camped here in a Motorhome.
February 2014
The site we had was very big with a great view of the marsh. We only stayed one night as we were travelling through so I'm not sure about all the amenities. The camp host was very helpful, coming out to show me where the waste cans were when she saw me wandering around with a bag of garbage! We camped here in a Motorhome.
January 2014
Nice campground. Use as an overnight stop going/returning from Florida. Some big pull-through sites. Best navigated during daylight hours although we use after hours check-in with the friendly host. Dirt sites and roads, some narrow with low tree branches. No clear sky for satellite reception. Got AT&T cellphone service OK. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Fort McAllister State Park
November 2013

yes  question  question  question  yes  question  yes  question  question  question
question  question  question  question  yes  question  yes  question  question  question
November 2013
The Savannah South RV Park is located just off I95. It was easy to find and very easy to get in to and out of. The park has a nice setting with tall pines and a small lake. If you are traveling up or down I95 and want a park to stay in one night while traveling, it fits the bill. We stayed here several nights while visiting Savannah and Tybee Island. I wish I had found a different park because the freeway noise is noticeable especially at night. Also the spaces are quite narrow so to have any privacy in your coach you have to keep the shades closed. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
October 2013
The facilities at this KOA are nice and the people were helpful. However, the pull-through site we were assigned for our 41' motorhome was TINY. The slide-out on the motorhome in front of us hung over the picnic table on our site. Seriously - I would post a photo if possible. Our RV door opened almost into the next RV. Otherwise the park was nice. There were other sites that were very nice. If you reserve here, be sure to ask for one of the larger sites. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Rate is with 10% KOA card discount. This was an overnight stop. One of the better KOAs. Level, shady sand spaces. Well-kept. Tengo Wi-Fi. Railroad a few hundred yards across the highway, but only a few trains at night, noise was not too bad. Pretty fishing lake with lots of ducks, geese and swans. Rowboat rentals. Friendly staff. Would stay here again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Savannah South KOA
2004

yes (River)
1   9   3
question  yes  no
question  yes  no
2004
I wanted to post this as a precaution to anyone who may want to cancel reservations at this park. I had made reservations for a week in July. After making the reservations, we had an after thought to see if campfires were permitted. I called, they told me not on the sites, we would have to go to a general gathering area where they have a firepit. I discussed with my husband and we decided to cancel. I called Saturday, before the cancellation deadline and a gentleman was very nice and told me he would leave a note for the manager. I checked my Visa and was charged one night camping. When I called the manager she told me she would have to check her records and call me back. It appears he didn't give her the message until a day later (Sunday) which would have put us past the 36 hour deadline. She basically, told us her staff wouldn't lie about when we called. They appear to have a manual system for reservations/cancellations. Make sure you get some type of confirmation or proof of cancellation. We could of actually sent our cell phone log, for proof of when we called. But, we chalked it up to a lesson well learned. I've never encounter a campground, basically calling us a liar. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
2003
I am working in the area for 4 months. I originally made reservations for this campground but was unable to find the site the day I arrived. I was short on time and chose to park my camper at Bellaire Woods down the road. I left a message for the owner and he returned my call. I let him know I had not been able to find his campground so I chose to stay somewhere else because of time constraints. I had actually talked to him the previous day to make my reservation and he was full of monthly's but would make room for me. So I knew he had gone to some effort for me and I felt badly about not making it to his park. He was very gracious and requested that I give him a call if I later decided I might like to move sites. Well Bellaire Woods was a nightmare, so I am now here at Waterway. Am extremely, extremely, (Yes, I meant to type that twice) happy to be among polite company once again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
2003
Very difficult to navigate into spots with a larger rig. Ours is only 311/2ft fiver and it was very hard. Sewage problems the whole time we were there despite repeated requests to attend to the problems. Electricity is a whopping 0.13 cents per KWH if you stay monthly and it adds up, believe me! NO WATER pressure. Unable to use laundry because of soap left in clothes.No good laundromats nearby. Many residents occupy the river sites. Nothing more than a trailer park. We will never return to this place which always smells like a sewer. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.