Nearby Rockmart, Georgia (Air Miles)
1400 N Main

7   6   7   5
yes  no  question  question
yes  no  question  question
October 2014
The park has an attractive setting with large grassy areas and trees. There was a cattle grazing area just to the west of the RV park, but no manure odors. There are two restrooms, one with three toilets in a tenting area and a single toilet more in the RV area (checking men’s toilets). Toilets are very basic, but clean. There is one men’s shower and woman’s shower, again very basic, but with heater and carpet on the floor. There are a number of long term rv’s, but no trash around them. I think the main source of income is events, such as music and car shows. Music is in a large weathered wood barn, and I suggest parking away from the barn if any musical events are scheduled while you are there. I parked in space 32 during a musical event (local talent performing for a charity), and music could be heard, but not loud. Park web site didn’t list any specific events, but owner said he uses Facebook (which I don’t have). There are no fire rings or tables in the RV area; owner says people steal them when he is away. When I arrived on Saturday afternoon, I could not find anyone to collect fees and assign a space. I attempted to telephone the park three times, once earlier in the day and twice when I arrived, but could not talk to anyone. However, there is a self-registration booth as you enter the camping area. I picked up an envelope, selected a site, set up, completed the paperwork, wrote a check, and put the envelope in a slot in the building near the envelopes. This approach was fine with the owner. Even though there was an event, there were plenty of empty camping sites. Overnight costs were $25 for a 50A site, $20 for a 30A site, and $10 for sites more suitable for tents with no hookups, except a 15/20A outlet, like you would see at your home (but prices may be higher for certain events or dates per park data). RV sites were full hookup. I previous reviewer thought there would be much mud after a heavy rain, but I don’t agree. We parked on grass with a little gravel. There is no wifi (but my Verizon JetPack access point had a good signal). GPS coordinates for entrance are N33.96996, W85.01760. We stayed there two nights in early October. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
March 2014
We stayed here 2 nights. It was very peaceful and pet friendly. They probably have a lot of activity here in the summer time and have done a lot of improvements to this park. I wanted to drink my coffee in one of the many swings they had placed around the park, but unfortunately I had injured my ankle so I was not able to. If you need a place to just chill and soak up the pine needle smell this is your place (in March anyway). There are several people who live full time but a campground has to support themselves. I also recommend the laundromat in town as a good place to wash clothes. We didn't use the shower facilities. The spots were going to be extremely muddy when we left but we pulled out before the storm hit. The owners were very friendly and helpful. Thank you for our peaceful stay. We would return again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Price reflects monthly rate broken down. Very kind staff. Very flexible and helpful. We stayed here two months as we prepared to begin full timing traveling the country. Staff were great to us! Hookups aren't always where you might think they should be. There is no playground or anything, but there are great big fields and a fully stocked fishing pond that my kids loved!! As the previous reviewer stated, the picture the website paints isn't necessarily what you might find, but if you are looking for a quiet place with open sites and friendly folks....this works great! The sites are largely occupied by full timers who are working in the area. Lots of construction workers. Most of those are in the higher sections. Lower sections (B area down by the office) are where the vacationers (and us) stay. We moved our rig just between the large barns up on the hill toward the back. No shade there like we had down below, but the sunsets were amazing and the kids just stepped out into a huge 'yard' to play ball, etc! Rockmart is a great town with a farmers market, adorable ice cream shop, silver comet trail, skydiving, etc. We enjoyed our stay here much more than we anticipated! We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for The Rock RV Park