Nearby Rockmart, Georgia (Air Miles)
1400 N Main

6   7   5
no  question  question
no  question  question
March 2014
We stayed here 2 nights. It was very peaceful and pet friendly. They probably have a lot of activity here in the summer time and have done a lot of improvements to this park. I wanted to drink my coffee in one of the many swings they had placed around the park, but unfortunately I had injured my ankle so I was not able to. If you need a place to just chill and soak up the pine needle smell this is your place (in March anyway). There are several people who live full time but a campground has to support themselves. I also recommend the laundromat in town as a good place to wash clothes. We didn't use the shower facilities. The spots were going to be extremely muddy when we left but we pulled out before the storm hit. The owners were very friendly and helpful. Thank you for our peaceful stay. We would return again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Price reflects monthly rate broken down. Very kind staff. Very flexible and helpful. We stayed here two months as we prepared to begin full timing traveling the country. Staff were great to us! Hookups aren't always where you might think they should be. There is no playground or anything, but there are great big fields and a fully stocked fishing pond that my kids loved!! As the previous reviewer stated, the picture the website paints isn't necessarily what you might find, but if you are looking for a quiet place with open sites and friendly folks....this works great! The sites are largely occupied by full timers who are working in the area. Lots of construction workers. Most of those are in the higher sections. Lower sections (B area down by the office) are where the vacationers (and us) stay. We moved our rig just between the large barns up on the hill toward the back. No shade there like we had down below, but the sunsets were amazing and the kids just stepped out into a huge 'yard' to play ball, etc! Rockmart is a great town with a farmers market, adorable ice cream shop, silver comet trail, skydiving, etc. We enjoyed our stay here much more than we anticipated! We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
February 2013
The good: very friendly and helpful owner; provided us a 50A to 30A adapter at no charge. Location is less than a mile from the Silver Comet Trail; my wife and I were looking for a few good days of cycling on the Trail. The not-so-good: the campground, during the time of our visit, seemed to be something of a work-in-progress; the website painted an picture quite different from what we discovered upon arrival. Entry signs are unclear and confusing. Sites and roads are gravel and leveling was a minor headache. No Wi-Fi or cable TV available at our site (a 50 Amp site), and the hookups themselves are about 20 ft. away from the actual site itself. The brochure stated that alcohol was not allowed in the camp, as it was a "family" camp; however, I don't believe a camp owner can dictate whether one consumes alcohol within the RV (we certainly did). A significant number of sites appeared to be occupied by full-time residents. No online reservations are available, and the owner does not accept credit cards (luckily I had enough cash available to cover the stay). Overall, it seems this RV park has considerable potential, but has yet to realize it. If one is looking for quick access to the Silver Comet Trail, this camp is perfect (the only one I know of along the entire length of the Silver Comet/Chief Ladiga trail). Otherwise, for this area of Georgia, this camp would not be my first choice. We camped here in a Motorhome.