206874 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Coeur d'Alene, Idaho (Air Miles)
Coeur D'Alene Resort

yes (Stream)
yes  question
question  question
July 2011
Decent NF campground with narrow spaces, but lots of space between spots and all right next to the creek. Pit toilets, bear boxes, and that's about it. Many spots will need some leveling aid. Not a campground for large rigs. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
July 2008
Seven miles east of Coeur d'Alene I-90 Exit 22, then south and west on SR 97 for about 2 miles to bridge marked Beauty Creek; just before the bridge turn left onto Forest Road 438 for about a mile. Entrance on right. Although 32 foot RV limit is mentioned, we were able to park fiver and tow vehicle (45 feet) without unhitching. This is everything a campground should be - almost. Gravel interior road, paved spurs. Spacious sites arranged along a small creek (which was dry in July). Widely spaced (30 to 50 yards) sites with underbrush separation between sites. Typical Forest Service sites with table, our favorite round steel fire rings w cooking grill. Pit toilets, no showers, no hookups of any kind. Quiet and peaceful. Wells have become contaminated, so potable water is available only in a plastic tank near entrance - no dump station. Bring tanks full and empty. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.

yes (River)
yes  question  question  question  question  yes  question  question  question  yes
Nice modern park, with a great location, but it could be much better. Dismal cable TV reception and choices. WiFi weak in some areas of park. Lawn is not maintained very well during the hot dry summers. Rest Rooms and showers close early considering the amount of daylight in this northern area in summer. The enclosed dog run shown on the map does not exist. Spots close to highway have road noise, but not too bad. If you get a riverside site, the fisherman's boats start going by at 3:30 AM and the recreational boats (load) until after 10:00 PM. I have stayed in a dozen different spaces over the years and prefer about in the middle. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Friendly people at the office and level sites. Wi-fi worked OK, but I asked for a site near an antenna. I had no problem maneuvering a 35' MH pulling a toad----just have to know a little about what you're doing. We ate at the nearby floating restaurant twice and took advantage of the early bird special (prime rib for $18.95) twice. We were very pleased with the food and service. They have an enclosed "patio" that was nice to sit in and watch the lake. They had free drink tickets at the RV office!!! We would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
For all the high reviews this campground got it was not what we expected. Check in was friendly, but slow. Entry/Exit is tight turns. We were staying for 2 nights so we planned to drop our fifth wheel. The first site we were given didn't even give us enough room for our 37 foot rig let alone our crew cab F250, our truck was in the road and would have blocked access for other units. We had to go back to the office and get another longer site. It amazes me that they ask what kind of unit you have but don't put you in a site that will accommodate it. The second site was an okay site. A little grass between sites, but the sites and site roads are gravel. We couldn't park behind or in front of our unit, had to park sideways along the gravel road. Only the main roads are paved. All the motorhomes that came after us had their tow vehicles out into the roads making driving thru very close. There is some road noise as US95 runs right beside the campground. The only plus for this campground was that quiet time was enforced and there were not any trains. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Blackwell Island RV Park

no  yes  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes
no  yes  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes
Would not stay again even though staff was friendly. Bathrooms below average, full of sand from nearby beach. Sites too narrow (we could not open 2nd slideout). Fire pit was within 2 steps of our door, and ours is not a mega-RV. Our view was of long-term neighbor's junkyard clutter. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2012
Yes, the sites are close, but the park is nice. All the amenities you want on vacation. Its at an higher altitude so even if the days are hot, it cools down in the evening fast. Lots of trees, access to the lake, peddle boats and canoes for rent, a speed boat and fishing boat too! The staff is very friendly and helpful about seeing things in the area. So much to do, not enough time! We will be coming back often. Thank you Lake Coeur d'Alene Camping Resort for a wonderful time. We camped here in a Motorhome.
June 2012
The location is beautiful, however there is I-90 very close with a lot of road noise, people come here to have fun, it's very noisy, and the amenities are not free. Pool is $1.00, air hockey is $0.75 per game, and no grass in the camping area. The back-in spots are very user friendly, water and electric in the back and 2 sewer lines available. However, you will need the air tight sewer drain hook up. If you don't have one, they will sell you one for an inflated price. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Lake Coeur d' Alene Campground

yes  yes  question  question  question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes
yes  yes  question  question  question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes
October 2013
I was quite sad with the condition of this park. It is in a great location, but would be a better park with 1/2 the spaces and some greenbelt areas. Everything is just 30 year old asphalt and the average rigs have grown over the years making this feel rather claustrophobic. Spend the extra money and actually stay in an RV park, not a ghetto. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Our daily rate reflects monthly rate of $470, which is what we paid to stay the month. As others have said the sites are narrow, but if you have any experience, and skill you can easily get your rig in and out with no problem. We are a 36' long Class A diesel pusher, and I was able to get into my site in less than 5 minutes. The Wi-Fi is strong from site 52. We are only about 150 yards from the Spokane River, and a short bike, or walk from the Lake Resort (maybe a mile). We have walked and biked into town since we arrived. The owner/manager is very accommodating. We would stay here again! We camped here in a Motorhome.
Small park and convenient location. Several permanent trailers. Spaces small and so narrow that if we had neighbors we could not put out slides . Park run down and we parked on asphalt. We will not return. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for River Walk RV Park

question  yes  question  no  yes  no  question  question  yes  yes
question  yes  question  no  yes  no  question  question  yes  yes
October 2013
I agree with the last reviewer. I was a little hesitant when I read some of the earlier reviews that were negative, but when the last one was good, I decided to give them a try. I'm glad I did, it's a really nice park with very friendly staff. We heard no freeway noise, quiet park, Wi-Fi was really slow at night, but not bad the next morning, which usually means the number of people on it. Cable reception was good except for one station. Grounds were well kept, even the long-term ones. I would most definitely stay here again. Rate reflects Passport America. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2013
We were hesitant to try this park due to negative reviews on this site, but we found this park to be clean, well maintained, and pleasant . The restroom was dated, but clean. The park is reasonably maintained - even the permanent residents had their sites well maintained - no piles of junk. We have no qualms about returning in the future. The bargain rate was courtesy of Passport America. We camped here in a Motorhome.
DON'T STAY HERE!! I'm not sure which bothered me more, the fact that there are two registered sex offenders living amongst the permanent residents or the meth freak who almost ran me over in the driveway and then threatened to beat me because he didn't like the way I looked at him! I am serious, both of these things are absolutely true. By the way, when I say permanent residents, I mean it. Several of their RV's had moss and mold growing on them and appeared to be disintegrating. The only things this park has going for it is a good central location and two nice staffers. I would rate this a zero if this site would let me. I will NEVER stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Tamarack RV Park

question  yes  yes  no  yes  question  yes  yes  question  question
question  question  question  no  yes  question  yes  yes  question  question
Very tight entrance. Make sure you swing wide! Small campground. Sites are very narrow. Our slide was literally on top of our neighbors picnic table. Some shade and sites are mostly level. It is convenient to Coeur d' Alene, and the lake. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2012
Decent park in a valley between two mountains on the I 90 corridor. Pretty with lots of grass and a creek. Gravel roads and sites, all level. Lots of trees but shade depends on the site. Satellite reception fair to bad depending on the site. Wi Fi (DSL) comes and goes also so it's not dependable if that's important to you. Water, electric and sewer all good. Eight miles from CDA so you have to drive for ALL shopping. One very good and popular restaurant just down the street...Wolf Lodge Steakhouse. Highway noise from I 90 moderate to heavy. Very close to lake CDA. Lots of fishing/boating close by. CDA is a very picturesque town with lots of restaurants and shopping. Silverwood Amusement park is about 20 miles north and Spokane is 30 miles west. Manager nice and helpful and everything is well kept, but I thought their price here is a bit high considering the distance from town and the Wi-Fi/Satellite TV situation. I'd come here again for sure, but I might shop around for a place a little closer to CDA first. Oh yeah...fuel prices in CDA are high (they gouge the tourists). We stayed ten days We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
August 2012
Let me start with the good. The hosts were very friendly on check-in. The site we were assigned was grassy and it was fairly easy to level the trailer. Now for the parts I didn't care for. It looked like we were going to be arriving after 8:00 pm so I called at 6:00 pm to double check they had my reservation for one trailer site and one tent site across from the trailer site. The woman I talked to was confused and befuddled and could not find my reservation. It didn't give me much confidence. When we got here, they had located the reservation, but check-in took an incredible 20 minutes, despite there being three people in the office. The gentleman who was doing my reservation stopped several times to take money from kids buying candy or ice cream. Their fee includes two people per site. Extras are $3.00. I was there with my daughter and 3 of her friends to take them to the Silverwood Amusement Park on Saturday, so total of 5 people. I took a tent site and let the girls use the trailer. By rights, I should have had to pay for 1 extra person, since we had a total of 5, but they charged for 2 extras, since the girls were using the trailer. The bathroom facilities are totally inadequate for a CG of this size. I can't speak to the women's bathroom. The men's room had only one toilet stall and two showers. No toilet paper in the men's room toilet at 9:00 am Saturday. Two Honey Buckets at the west end of the campground were not very clean and smelled like they needed to be serviced. I got a good WiFi signal sitting outside the office, not at my site. Finally, the CG is quite noisy. It is on the Frontage Road, that being a road running parallel to I-90. There is much traffic noise from trucks, cars and motorcycles: bring ear plugs. Also, many seem to use this campground as one-night stopover. Friday night we had people pulling in and setting up tents right next to us at 11:00 pm. In the future, I will not be staying at this campground. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Wolf Lodge Campground