Nearby Ririe, Idaho (Air Miles)
Heise Hot Springs 120
September 2009

question  no
question  no
September 2009
Pretty interesting RV park. It is more of a resort and has a golf course, river access, camping areas and is close to a small ski resort. Grass is great, water pressure was very low, power was reliable and the site was level. It is well removed from noise and there are very few lights so star gazing is great. It is a drive to even the smallest of grocery stores so stock up before you get there. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
July 2009
This campground was strange; spread out over close to a mile along a highway. The surroundings are spectacular, but the sites and the campground itself is very unimpressive. There were few services and the bathrooms were not cleaned often. There are a number of other nearby (within ½ mile) RV parks and I would consider checking those out carefully before staying here. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.

6   8   9
question  question  no
question  question  no
This was kind of a mixed bag. They have several areas where RV's are parked. Our site was fine and next to a bunch of seasonal campers and that was fine. Anther area looked like a gravel parking lot. Their Wi-Fi was the most aggravating I've used; strong signal and speed one minute and the next minute disconnected. We stopped to use the hot spring pool but, after seeing how dirty it was, we did not use it. They do have great pizza and huckleberry ice cream at their restaurant. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We really liked this resort. Reminded us of a day gone by. Beautiful area...super nice people. Pizza parlor, golf course, pool, river...lots of grassy areas. Limited full hook-up sites for RVs and even those were a sort of tough to get into. That being said, it was a wonderful stay and we would definitely go back again~~ We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
June 2011
Decided to stay here as we saw they had a hot springs pool. But they have so much more. We 'camped' in their 12 space 'golf course' field lot, across the road from their little 9 hole golf course. 30 amp/water/sewer. Short walk takes you to their restaurant/pizza parlor; the 1st tee on the golf course (only $9.50 to play). The 'cool' pool is 75 degrees or so with large waterslide. The 'hot springs' pool and hot tub was 92 and 105 degrees, respectively. Absolutely wonderful for relaxing. Note that water activities were an extra fee, but reasonable. All day pass or one time use available. Verizon cell/air card good, minimal AT&T service. We did get Direct TV through a hole in the trees. Relatively large complex with many permanent residents, but they are located far from the overnight area. Small convenience store. Propane. Hard to find with GPS: call for exact directions. A wonderful find. Definitely would come back if in the area. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.

yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  question  question  yes
yes  yes  yes  yes  question  question  yes  question  question  yes
We camped here in a 40' motorhome on site C4. This is the newer section of the three sections of park. The interior roads and site pads are all asphalt and interior roads were easy to navigate. The site pad we were on (C4) was a large pull thru with plenty of room for motorhome and Jeep toad. Electric and water service were strong. We had a 2-3 bar Verizon cell phone signal and I was getting a 4G Millenicom WIFI signal. The only ding is that there are no shade trees in the campground [only Junipers] so it can get fairly hot during the daytime hours if you are trying to sit outside. The park is located about 15 miles from any reasonable grocery stores or places to eat. If you like boating or water sports, etc, the reservoir is available. The $16/night rate reflects our America the Beautiful Golden Age senior discount card pass rate. We would stay here again if in the area. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Super Campground. Super Camp Host. Paved roads. Extra restrooms with showers. Some sites have view of the lake and dam. Weekend was pretty busy with locals but Sunday afternoon they all left and it got real quite and peaceful. 18 miles to Idaho Falls where there is a great walk/bike path along the Snake River and through city parks. Plenty of places to eat and things to do in IF. Rate reflects a $2.00 Senior Pass discount off the $18.00 full hookup rate. Will definitely stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
A wonderful county park campground. We camped here in a 40' motorhome with toad. The sites a large and plenty of green space between sites. We were on site A20. Interior roads were wide paved asphalt and easy to maneuver around; pads were also asphalt. Many of the sites are 50 amp full hook up, but they do have some 30 amp, so check first. Bathrooms and showers were very clean. We got good Verizon cell service, 4G Verizon MIFI and satellite signal. They have a nine hole disc golf course in park. Located on the Ririe Reservoir they have ramps for launching your boats for boating and fishing. The park is about 15 miles from Idaho Falls, which has many good restaurants and shopping stores. We would definitely return again when in the area. Our rate reflects a $2 discount for seniors; normal rate for 50 amp full hook ups is $18/night (a deal!) We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Juniper Campground

10   4   3
yes  yes  yes
yes  yes  yes
My wife and I have been here several days, and we don't want to leave (although we must). We love the beauty and the peace and quiet here. If the staff were any friendlier, I'd adopt them - especially the camp hosts, imported from Britain. The sites are roomy, and most have grass, water, and electricity - (there is a sewer dump station). The park is very near the South Fork of the Snake River. Facilities are clean and very well-maintained. Lots of places to walk the dogs. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Well, where to start. First of all this RV park is located in the “boondocks” and not close to civilization. I found it rather hard to find. The next morning when I left, I got lost and had to call OnStar to guide me to the highway. Once there I found it confusing trying to determine where the office was located. No one was at the office, so I looked around and saw a trailer that said “manager” or some such equivalent. The camp hosts were very pleasant folks. I was led to my campsite which was quite a distance from the office. Once I got set up I tried to use the WiFi. I wasn’t provided the passcode and had to call the office and had to listen to an automated menu before I could connect to a live person. Once given the passcode the WiFi worked marginally. The roads and RV sites are gravel and very dusty. It was quiet where I was camped. With my AC running it would have to be quite noisy to hear outside sounds. In the morning I tried to locate the shower facility to no avail. I was not given a map of the campground which would have been very helpful. There are no sewer connections available at the sites. I was told that there was a dump station near the entrance. In the morning when I departed, I did not see the dump station and didn’t bother to find out where it was. I just figured it would be easier to empty at my next stop. it was also too pricy for not having sewer hookup. I would not stop there again if given a choice. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
August 2010
Even though I had a reservation confirmation, the RV Park Admin did not. Someone else was camped in the site I had requested so they put us in what appeared to be an expansion area. Not bad, we were almost entirely on our own, but that did not matter, read on. There are ATV trails nearby and ATV riders rode within the camp, including back and forth past our site even though no one else was camped near us. They were joy riding within the park without regard to other campers. This went unchecked by the RV park admin. Even though we were on the edge of the park, there was a highly used gravel road 2 sites away trafficked heavily by RV park admin Razor ATVs, horse drawn carts and horse boxes (trailers). It was dusty and noisy. The site was extremely narrow. We had hookups on the left and had to step down from our motorhome step because the gravel "pad" was elevated over the dirt (NOT grass) under our awning. The area under our awning was "natural". No effort had been made to level or even smooth the area. After a night of rain there were puddles along with the softball sized rocks to avoid. The vegetation was weeds. No attempt had been made to cultivate the area adjacent to the site. As noted, water and 20/30/50 amp hookups but no sewer. There is one dump station on the RIGHT as you exit the RV park, you would have to exit and re-enter the park for the dump to be on the correct side of a motorhome. While there was a dump station the hose was connected about 10 feet up a pole. It could not be reached without a ladder. The hose was about 6 feet long with no connection. It was just a cut piece of hose. So there is no way to connect a hose to rinse down the black tank with a "magic wand". Dump station was useless. The bathrooms and showers are centrally located in a nearly new building and they were very clean and well stocked/kept. There was one dumpster near the entrance to the area where we were parked. There was constant and annoying noise from either passing traffic near the site, what sounded like motorcycles on the public road, or what sounded like a gun club (skeet range) nearby. We did not observe the source of the noise, we just endured it. The camp "store" had plenty of candy, ice and drinks, but no milk! Come prepared. My impression, being as fair as I can, was the RV park is a work in progress. The showers/restrooms/hookups were all very good. The site was fairly level and gravel, but narrow. I would not consider going back anytime soon. The road out from Idaho Falls (highway 26) was almost all single lane traffic while the road was under construction. They had slurry coated the road in what passed for "surfacing". It was very dusty and getting a motorhome through the orange barrels kept me alert. I went slow enough to prevent wheel alignment damage from the huge potholes. Closest out-of-camp amenities were in Heise about 5 miles away. Signage to the RV park from highway 26 was very good. Maps on their web site only gave us an idea where they are located. There are no GPS coordinates posted and in emails, camp personnel were unable to provide these or tell me the names or numbers of nearby roads to help me get close. I took coordinates from Google Earth and crossed my fingers. This worked pretty well except mapping software would have taken me down a dirt road for the last 2 miles or so. We camped here in a Motorhome.