User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby makanda, Illinois (Air Miles)
Booby's
2011-05-22 21:02:02
makanda, Illinois
May 2010

May 2010
This use to be a great campground: everything but 8 tent sites have been removed. The 8 sites are not level either. It is too bad, I loved this place. We camped here in a Tent.
July 2010

7   7   9   9   9   9
yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
yes  yes  yes  yes  question
July 2010
I have been camping here for the past 4 years mostly at the tent sites. Giant city is only 20 miles from where I live and my kids love hiking here. The grounds are very nice and clean, the people are friendly, and the showers were clean also. They do have water if you get a spot near a pump and have a Y joint. This was my first time here with a RV and I have to say for $20 a night you don't get much. The last time I was here back in Oct 2009 it was $15 a night. I love the area but I think for now on, we are just going to have to do the day trips here as $20 a night for only power is a lot of money. I can spend $15 more and get full hook ups at other places. I give it a 7 because of the price, but a 10+ for how pretty this area is and how much history is in one park. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
September 2008
I had always camped at Giant City in a tent and this was my first trip there in a camper. The sites were not that level and the boiler for hot water in the showers went out. I have always had a positive experience with Giant City and it is in a gorgeous part of the country. I will go back and give it another shot and hopefully the bathroom facility is fixed and will be open. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
May 2008
We enjoyed camping here. The camp host was very friendly and helpful. The sites are gravel but level. We liked the fact that you get to pick your own site. The sites are all shaded, and it is very quite and peaceful. The shower house was very clean and heated. Giant City Park is very beautiful with a lot of interesting rock formations and trails to hike on. We would camp here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Giant City Campground
May 2011

9   10   9
yes  yes  yes
yes  yes  yes
May 2011
Shady sites; many near lake view, quiet. Only complaint is that bathrooms are separate from showers and showers have no electrical outlets. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
April 2010
The boat rentals have been upgraded and work a lot better tha the old boats. Great fishing. Caught a 8 lb Bass and a 13 lb Catfish. Great tie with the kids. Beach was also nice. The water is very clean. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2009
It is a nice family campground on Little Grassy Lake inside the Carb Orchard refuge. The staff and offerings were great. Nice camp store, and boat rentals on site. Will go back again! We camped here in a Motorhome.