Nearby Fremont, Indiana (Air Miles)
Meijer 190
2014-07-07 23:16:41
Fremont, Indiana
May 2007

May 2007
This resort is small with 60 sites. It is primarily a seasonal resort but they do rent by the week and the month. The resort sits on Barton Lake and each site has it's own pier. The sites are very large and are full hookup. Lots of grass and each site has a concrete pad. The resort has a very nice pool, basketball court and a playground. It sits right next door to the Jellystone Park which has water slides, mini-golf, etc that you can use by paying a daily usage fee. This resort was spotless, well maintained and quiet not to mention the seasonals are well maintained and very friendly to us during our stay. We would definitely recommend this resort if you are planning a week trip to northeast Indiana. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
June 2011

no  question
question  question
June 2011
Can you spell deliverance? Power insufficient on Passport sites. Porta-potty for toilet. Dogs on loose. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
July 2009
We spent one night here while traveling using Passport America. We are on a large grassy hill site overlooking I69. This is a convenient overnight stop just off the expressway. The site is open so our rooftop TV dish works. No sewer hook up. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.

yes  yes  question  yes  yes  no  no  no  yes  yes
question  yes  question  yes  question  no  no  no  question  yes
I am torn on this review. As an adult responsible for all the logistics of camping, I wasn't a fan. There are kids flying everywhere paying no attention to other vehicles and equally bad adults racing all around in golf carts. I felt extremely rushed backing into my tiny, un-level site, while holding up all the impatient golf cart traffic. Water hookup at my site was at ground level...almost in the dirt and my sewer pipe (PVC) was broken off so I didn't even bother hooking up. All that said, from a fun factor, this park is great and the kids had a wonderful time. People at the pools were friendly, polite, and managed their children well. There are many activities that were free so I didn't feel nickle and dimed every time the kids wanted to do something. Ice cream at the camp store was surprisingly reasonably priced ($1.75 for a huge bowl) and firewood was dry. Golf carts, which it seemed everyone had, were an absurd price of $50/day, 2 day minimum. No thanks, I'll ride my bike. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and we will probably return. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
This is a great campground for kids. We had our grandkids and they had a blast. They had things on the agenda every hour for the kids to do. We stay over a weekend and I bet there was over 1,000 kids in this campground. But the pools and all the equipment seem not overcrowded. Every one rode their bikes (take your bikes). They rent golf carts if you want. Everyone seem to watch out for the kids. They clean the restroom I believe every hour; they are always cleaning. This is a great place for kids. We would camp here again. We wore our grandkids out. We camped here in a Truck Camper.
My kids' favorite campground. Tons to do here, very busy and lots of kids. There isn't much in the surrounding area, but you don't need to leave. The main road in front of the general store can get quite busy. It would have received 10 stars if it wasn't directly on the expressway. They even have some premium sites that back up to the expressway. It was a bit of a bummer to have such a great vacation, but hear the road noise whenever we sat outside. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Jellystone Park on Barton Lake