220021 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Fremont, Indiana (Air Miles)
Meijer 190
2014-08-13 23:52:42
Fremont, Indiana
May 2007

May 2007
This resort is small with 60 sites. It is primarily a seasonal resort but they do rent by the week and the month. The resort sits on Barton Lake and each site has it's own pier. The sites are very large and are full hookup. Lots of grass and each site has a concrete pad. The resort has a very nice pool, basketball court and a playground. It sits right next door to the Jellystone Park which has water slides, mini-golf, etc that you can use by paying a daily usage fee. This resort was spotless, well maintained and quiet not to mention the seasonals are well maintained and very friendly to us during our stay. We would definitely recommend this resort if you are planning a week trip to northeast Indiana. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
June 2011

no  question
question  question
June 2011
Can you spell deliverance? Power insufficient on Passport sites. Porta-potty for toilet. Dogs on loose. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
July 2009
We spent one night here while traveling using Passport America. We are on a large grassy hill site overlooking I69. This is a convenient overnight stop just off the expressway. The site is open so our rooftop TV dish works. No sewer hook up. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.

question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  no  no  no
question  yes  question  yes  question  yes  question  no  no  no
Great park for kids. Indoor and outdoor pools, splash pad, big water slides (extra $). Well kept. Family owned. I've stayed twice. A favorite park of ours. On the first stay, water was unavailable when we came in. Fixed in a few hours. This time our packet indicates to not use electric water heaters or electric fridge due to brownout possibility. Not informed when booking and still charged the same price. No bringing your own mobility. We were asked to park an electric scooter and rent a golf cart instead. Packet does mention this - no outside carts, street legal vehicles allowed for "joy riding" which I assume means intra-park transport. Rent them at $40/day. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Stayed here for 3 nights with a large group. We had 3 adjoining sites near the rec building and across from the playground and activity field, which was great for the kids. The bathrooms/showers were very close as well. Good level sites with concrete patios. Plenty of room for my camper as well as my 20x10 screen room. Nice shady sites. This campground is one of my all time favorites. The owners are always upgrading the park, it seems like they add a new attraction every off season. Very friendly staff and the activities staff is especially attentive to small children to help them get the most enjoyment out of the different games they plan. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
I am torn on this review. As an adult responsible for all the logistics of camping, I wasn't a fan. There are kids flying everywhere paying no attention to other vehicles and equally bad adults racing all around in golf carts. I felt extremely rushed backing into my tiny, un-level site, while holding up all the impatient golf cart traffic. Water hookup at my site was at ground level...almost in the dirt and my sewer pipe (PVC) was broken off so I didn't even bother hooking up. All that said, from a fun factor, this park is great and the kids had a wonderful time. People at the pools were friendly, polite, and managed their children well. There are many activities that were free so I didn't feel nickle and dimed every time the kids wanted to do something. Ice cream at the camp store was surprisingly reasonably priced ($1.75 for a huge bowl) and firewood was dry. Golf carts, which it seemed everyone had, were an absurd price of $50/day, 2 day minimum. No thanks, I'll ride my bike. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and we will probably return. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Jellystone Park on Barton Lake