220693 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Orland, Indiana (Air Miles)
Service Plaza
July 2009

yes  yes
yes  yes
July 2009
We camped here over the 4th of July weekend. The good points are that if you have children, there are many things for them to do and there is a decent beach and nice lake with slide. For adults there were also some organized fun things going on too. If you have a boat or jet ski, this would be a nice place to stay. Now the not so good. If you have a dog stay far away. You have to carry or transport in a wagon or car your dog to the dog area. You are not allowed to walk them anywhere in the park and they are not shy about letting you know that. This is primarily a seasonal campground and they clearly do not like having the few nightly campers there. We all felt like we were intruding. Even upon check-out, no one ever asked if we enjoyed our stay. There was some noise from 80/90 as you are pretty close, but wasn't real annoying. But tent campers, be aware, where they stick you, you are almost right on the highway itself. I would NEVER camp in a tent here. It is too bad. This is a very nice park and would normally be someplace we would return to, but no way, with the vibe we felt. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
August 2007
I used to stay here when I was a child, now that I have my own children, I decided to try camping there with them. It is exactly as I remember it. Wooded shady lots, friendly people, activities on the weekend. There is one bath house with three showers, and three toilets and it was fairly clean. It was kind of slow during the week, but got very busy on the weekend. Nice beach, clean lake. Will definitely return in the future. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.