Nearby Coffeyville, Kansas (Air Miles)
1705 W 11Th St

1   2   2   2   9   5   7   5
yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question
yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question
December 2013
Nightmare experience. We toughed it out for six months. We know the staff well. Bad service. Nasty personalities. Very ugly, muddy park. Bad environment to live in. They care about money not people. We camped here in a Motorhome.
November 2013
Not only are the sites all still muddy after rain, but promised gravel to correct the situation has not been delivered after over a week of this. No one ever seems to be in the office and the office is closed on Saturday and Sunday -- unheard of in the hospitality industry. So don't even consider this place if you don't arrive on a week day. On the plus side, laundry is cheap - $2 per wash and $1 to dry. All top loader washers. It is the most convenient to Amazon and the sites are well spaced. But that's about the only good things I can say. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2013
After I got hooked up the day I arrived at Big Chief, the manager came by and said I might have to double up even though there was only one electrical pedestal and one sewer connection and one water connection. I explained to him that Amazon was paying for an entire site for me and doubling up would be unacceptable. I know of others who were doubled up and I know of some who left because of it. A few weeks later the office started closing on the weekends. Management stated that Amazon suggested that as a means to improve relations between campers and park management, which by this time had deteriorated badly. It seemed strange to me that they would try to improve customer relations by reducing available services. I checked with Amazon and Amazon made no such recommendation. On another day I went to pick up my mail which I had forwarded to the Big Chief. Management said there was no mail for me. I decided to check for myself and found the mail which was two days overdue. Very poor management. Other reviewers have used the terms "swamp" or "mud pit". I would agree with those assessments. I gave Big Chief two stars because, (1) the sites are decent size, and (2) it is convenient to Amazon. I will not stay there again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Big Chief RV Park

9   7   9
yes  question  yes
yes  question  yes
December 2013
We stayed here as part of Amazon's "Camperforce" program. Although Wi-Fi was available, it was very slow. We ended up getting Wi-Fi and TV through the local Cox Communications. The owner was friendly, laundry and showers clean. Our needs were taken care of in a friendly and efficient manner. This is the only place in Coffeyville within walking distance of restaurants and stores. We would stay here again. Our site was paid for by Amazon. We camped here in a Motorhome.
April 2011
Stayed three nights here. It's a small park with mostly permanent or semi-permanent residents. There is space for travelers, though. Park management is very friendly. NO traffic noise. Plenty of room to maneuver inside the park. We will stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
December 2010
This is a great little park! The owner and his crew went out of their way to take good care of us while we were there for two months. The laundry and restrooms are brand-new. Nice little pond with fishing. This place is much nicer than the big RV park out on the highway (one of those parking-lot-style places). Big, grassy sites with plenty of room to maneuver. Excellent Wi-Fi-better than any other park in the area. We camped here in a Motorhome.

question  question
question  question
November 2013
Spots are close together, but they include water, sewer, and electric hookups. The people are friendly. The camp is close to town and directly across the street from a grocery store and a public park. The closest showers are about a half mile away at the nearby public park. The campground doesn't have many spots, which makes the internet reliable and the ambiance community-oriented. It is surrounded by wide open spaces daubed with beautiful trees. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2009
This is a very basic park for a very cheap price. We were in the area to work, so it worked for us, but its not exactly a 'nice' park. Spaces are tight, and there's no bathhouse at all. If you can't stand traffic noise or trains, either don't go here, or wear earplugs... this place is noisy. You can get hooked up to cable if you're staying a while, but no cable provided by the park. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
August 2009

August 2009
City owned park that is next to Walter Johnson park. Roads and sites are gravel and very soft (and muddy) after rain. A few sites were completely flooded after heavy rain. Some side-by-side sites with utility hook ups in the middle, requires class-A's and C's to nose in the right hand site. Wi-Fi was $50/month and coverage was spotty. Showers & restrooms available at the Walter Johnson park (near fairgrounds). We camped here in a Motorhome.

7   9   9   5   4   5   7   6
question  yes  question  question  yes  yes  question  question
question  yes  question  question  yes  yes  question  question
I found this to be a very good place to stay. Huge sites that are easy to get into and out of. The grounds were clean and level. The WiFi is excellent and reasonably priced, $2.50 a day or $5 a week. Plenty of room, with picnic tables at each site. Very close to grocery and gas as well as other stores. I honestly can find nothing bad to say about staying here other than the lack of sewer hookups. If you need to do your laundry, you have to drive to the west side of town, as that is the closest laundromat. First come first served with an easy self pay box. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
November 2013
I moved here mid-season while working at Amazon. Walter Johnson is more like a "park" setting with large trees, grassy areas and squirrels running all over the place. It's actually in town and convenient to everything, including Walmart. I had mail forwarded to the City Activities Center which was on the park grounds and they always left a note on my door telling me I had mail. The park staff was very friendly and helpful. This park would have rated 5 stars, but there are no sewer hookups. I found that to be a very minor problem compared to issues at another park in the area. I highly recommend Walter Johnson Park. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2012
Great place to stop for the night. Not a weekend destination. Good water pressure, electric, plenty of level sites. Easy self-registration; only $8.00 a night. Can't beat that! The town also has Wi-Fi that costs $2.50 for 24 hours use. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Walter Johnson Park