219007 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby WaKeeney, Kansas (Air Miles)
Rest Area On Ks I-70 At Mile Marker 131 Verified On 08/02
Kansas
WaKeeney
WaKeeney / Hays KOA
2014-08-27 03:40:35
WaKeeney, Kansas

question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  question  yes  question  question
question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  question  yes  question  question
I have stayed in a lot of KOAs and most look very similar in appearance. While this one didn't look a lot different than the rest, the biggest difference I noted was the way the campground was maintained. The roads and sites were gravel, but no pot holes or washout areas were present. The grass between the sites was cut neatly and not full of weeds, and the roads while not overly wide were plenty big to maneuver my 37' class A and towed vehicle to my pull-through site. I didn't have time to use the pool on this stop, but it looked well kept and clean. The office staff, two young girls, were professional, helpful and very efficient. I personally can't give a campground a 10 rating unless the sites are paved and there is a patio available, but this KOA is one of the nicest ones I have been in. I would happily stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Office staff very difficult at best.. Very tight roads make it hard to maneuver a 40' RV. Close to I-70 so a fair amount of freeway noise. Wi-Fi was very weak. Overall not worth the price. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We like this KOA and have stayed here twice before the present owners who took it over in 2009 and two times since then. The owners are friendly, helpful and truly seem to care that people have an enjoyable stay. The restrooms and showers are spotless. There is an ice cream social at night and pancakes for breakfast. We have never been bothered with any noise on I-70.The sites are gravel but level. We will always stay here when traveling in this area. We camped here in a Truck Camper.
Display older reviews for WaKeeney / Hays KOA