Nearby Benton, Kentucky (Air Miles)
310 W 5Th St
2013-10-20 20:51:59
Benton, Kentucky
April 2005

April 2005
After having driven some 300 miles to inspect CG for possible seasonal camping; agreeing to a potential waterfront site and wanting to leave a deposit, was told later by owner (following 4 unanswered phone calls) that I had been shown the wrong lot and it was not available. However, a smaller less accessible lot was available. Be aware of CG's COMPUTER SYSTEM!!! Also, was told that I couldn't have had the lot I wanted because other seasonal campers had first rights of refusal, but also had been told there were no other names on the list for that particular lot. MASS CONFUSION!!!! Was also told when I asked why owner hadn't returned my calls (after being given messages 3 times), "maybe you should just go somewhere else to find a place. "Now that's HOSPITITALITY!!! CG advertises waterfront sites, but they are not available as they are occupied by yearly campers! A lake view is obtained by walking around other TT to possibly see some water. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
October 2013

1   2   4
question  yes  question
question  yes  question
October 2013
No refunds! Would be tough to get a 40' diesel pusher in. Gravel sites, smoky from camp fires. Steep roads, very small spaces, built on a hill side not good for a motor home, and sites not level. Lots of full time campers. Hiding charges. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2008
We just moved from this campground after spending the summer season (2008) there. At first, we really enjoyed this campground, nice clean facilities. As the summer progressed, the owners seemed to become more and more rigid. The owners are very uptight people who are constantly following people around making sure they are "Following the rules". I am a business owner and I understand the the need to make money. But, these people took it to an extreme. You can not have visitors in the park without paying for them, something that is strictly enforced. We have 2 children and one on the way and we had fully intended to stay another year because we were thinking maybe after a while the owners would warm up so to speak, but it never happened. We received our renewal option via the mail and were shocked to find out that our rates had gone up. The only people who's rates were raised were those people with kids. If you don't have kids, the rates stayed the same. When we asked about this, we were told it was not fair to people who did not have kids to have to pay the same rate as those with kids. It is very apparent that these people do not want families and children in this campground. We had notified them that we would be moving out and gave them an exact date. When we arrived to move out, we arrived at our camper to be shortly followed thereafter by one of the owners who asked "What are you doing?". Of course my wife wasn't sure what the problem was and she responded with "Camping?". The owner then stated "well you have an electric bill that you need to take care of before you can pull this camper out of here". Of course we were going to pay the electric bill, I had notified her of this via e-mail when I notified her of when we were moving out. So, if you enjoy camping where you are hawked over by some very uptight owners who watch every move you make, and you enjoy being nickeled and dimed to death for everything, this is your place. If your looking to relax and be stress free, find another campground. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
June 2008
Very hard to enter pull thru sites (they only have 3). Lots of summer campers only 13 sites for nightly rental. Power or phone lines hang low, at 13'5" I hit them going in. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.