206886 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Golden Pond, Kentucky (Air Miles)
Land Between The Lakes
Golden Pond, Kentucky

9   9   8   10   7
question  yes  question  yes  yes
question  yes  question  yes  yes
Really a great campground. All gravel on the site. A bit of trash around. Hosts were wonderful and very helpful. Unless you fish, boat or hunt there isn't a lot to do. But the beach at the camp was very nice. And we went to the bison/elk prairie and the old time dam, Homestead. Those were great. Signage is very bad, so watch your GPS or map. Mosquitoes, etc. were bad, but they've had a lot of rain, so it was expected. We would come back. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
October 2011
Beautiful area. Challenging to get to our site in a 36' motor home but worth the effort. It's a 15 minute drive to the dump station. Most sites have gorgeous lake views. Helpful staff told us their favorite fishing spots. A memorable experience; can' wait to return! We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2011
I loved this place. I gave it an 8 only because it does not have sewer or water at your site. There is a central location with water to fill your tanks (and showers), but I did not want the weight since I would be back on the highway the next day, so I just filled a few gallon jugs. I also heard there was a pump-out station, but I did not see it. I have a pass that gets me in to National parks for free, and it gives me 1/2 price camping, so I guess the normal rate is $24 per night. The staff was extremely friendly and checked on me to make sure I had gotten to my spot OK and that the electric was working. We spent a while chatting, and he was a really nice guy who loved to fish, and talk about fishing. The sites are in the middle of a forest, on a lake that is in the middle of nowhere, and it is pitch black at night. It is beautiful, rustic, and relaxing. I look forward to stopping again, this time with reservations, so I can stay longer. Bring a fishing pole and a camera. I got a photo of a beautiful deer and some shots of the area, but missed a photo of a huge diamond back rattle snake that had been hit by a car. I wish I had gotten the photo, but there was not an easy place to turn around. This park is way off the beaten path, but worth the effort to visit. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Energy Lake Campground

question  question  question  yes  question  question  yes  yes  question  yes
question  question  question  yes  question  question  yes  yes  question  yes
Very nice. I would have rated a 10, but we did not use the restrooms or laundry so do not know about them. Area is quiet and undeveloped. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We arrived without reservations and were given first come, first served site in the T section with full hookups. I would not call the sites huge and the driveway area could be tight with all the vehicles parked at each one. Our site was gravel and level, but there are a few that are concrete. We did not use the bath house in the T section. We launched the kayak near the swimming area because of the huge boats and wake at the other boat launch. We enjoyed the area and also took the Honker Trail hike - but the mosquitos were AWFUL. Everyone said the rain had really brought out the bugs. I would recommend buying fuel and supplies before arriving as the area is remote to shopping and somewhat expensive. We would return, if in the area. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
May 2011
The park is an impressive development over a vast expanse along the lake. The first thing noticed is no big motorhomes, mostly trailers, fifth-wheels and a few class B and C’s. The second noticed thing is how hilly it is in places. Sites here may have long steep back-in ramps. There are some pull-through sites. Expect to do some creative leveling. The electric was excellent on this Memorial Day packed camp. Water pressure was also good. Cell phone was coverage spotty. The beach in the A area is very nice. The individual shower rooms were modern. This is a justifiably popular camp ground which attests to the continuing expansion for more sites and to accommodate larger rigs. If you have a long rig, it is strongly advised to consult with the excellent staff about where to go and the impossibly tight places to avoid. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area / Hillman Ferry

yes  yes  question  yes  no  yes  question  yes  yes  yes
yes  yes  question  yes  no  yes  question  yes  yes  yes
Park was full on Labor Day weekend and all went well. Haven't been in about a year and arrived to find mostly all new bathhouses which are very nice, with private shower rooms. Park is clean, well maintained and managed, priced very reasonably. I advised the staff on Sunday that the 20 amp plug in post didn't work but 30 amp was fine, only so they'd be aware as it was no issue for me at this time. Approximately 30 minutes later a ranger came by and checked it and attempted to fix it but was going to need new receptacle and didn't have available at time. I certainly didn't expect a response on Sunday of Labor Day weekend but I think it did show their concern for their facilities. Only critique could be need a few more sites with full hook-ups. $22.00 price was for electric only. This is one of my favorite parks close to home. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
November 2012
We camped here the last four nights of the season and a lot of sites had already the water cut off. Various restrooms and showers were available through the park. They are in the process of renovating these buildings and the results are fantastic. We could choose from a lot of nice river-view camp-sides and had no problems driving and leveling our 42 foot rig. Our satellite worked OK between all those trees without leaves. We will be back !! We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2011
Nice campground off main road, little noise except for occasional power boat. Roads are paved and gravel sites, which need help to level rig. Many trees so shade, but not satellite friendly. Water and power were good, cell (AT&T) was weak. Main attraction is lake. Many hiking trails nearby, 'Home Place 1850' was interesting. We would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Piney Campground
December 2012

yes  question
yes  question
December 2012
More than five years ago the previous review detailed this park perfectly. It was enough information for us to enjoy a 10 nights stay. All sites are huge (in average more than 2,000 Sq ft), although part of that space is dedicated for the horses, which we do not have. Cell-phone service does not work in all spots, but the friendly other campers will quickly share their favorite locations with you. Restrooms and showers were average State Park quality. We will come back. We camped here in a Motorhome.
June 2007
This unique park caters to horses and horse people. We are neither but loved watching others tend to their animals. The draw seems to be extensive horse facilities, including rentals, and over 100 miles of riding trails. There is also a small cafe, The Outpost, on site. Most rigs here were of the horse trailer/RV combo type. The only negatives were a few flies and some trail muffins here and there. The park is in a beautiful, wooded area of the Land Between the Lakes. We will return. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.